Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boogie2_gw

Electrolux double wall oven died after cleaning

boogie2
12 years ago

A little costly but loved the oven for the first 12 months... unfortunately in month 13 and after using the auto clean feature for the third time the upper oven stopped working. Display panel lights up and says the oven is preheating to 100 degrees, the convection fan engages but no heating activity. The lower oven works fine. Called the dealer, Zemel's Appliance in Danbury, CT and they were of no help. Actually recommended not using the cleaning feature before a big event (one week before Thanksgiving)... seriously , they said that. Surfing the web, I've found that this problem is well-known and that there is a reset button behind the oven (this is wall mounted so I'll need a contractor or repair man to pull it out) that can potentially solve the problem, if not I will need to replace the control board. At ~$3,000 for this double oven, I expect it to work perfectly for years... dieing after 13 months is completely unacceptable. Can anyone else share their experience and any helpful ideas?

Comments (87)

• msl511
    10 years ago

>> If you don't want your oven to fail, don't run self clean.

I have a better idea. How about manufacturers make products that don't habitually fail during ordinary, according to instructions, use? I just bought an Electrolux oven and I have no doubt that the cost of providing the self-cleaning mechanism as well as the expected convenience from having such a function were factors in the price.

Suggesting the problem is with users using the oven the way it was intended to be used puts the responsibility in the wrong place.

• hvtech42
    10 years ago

I agree with you marcia59, but I'm just stating the situation as it stands. On ovens today, you run a high risk of tripping a limit or frying a board by running self clean. You are heating the oven to over 900 degrees, sometimes close to 1000, for hours. If anything is going to go wrong, it will happen then. Manufacturers could do more, but they don't, and complaining won't change that. Ignoring this fact because it "shouldn't" be the case will just lead to you having more oven problems than someone who doesn't run self clean.

One way to send a message is by running the clean cycle as much as possible during the warranty. If enough people did that, manufacturers might start to rethink their designs. As long as you don't mind having periods when you're without an oven while waiting for repair, it's an option.

All the appliance repair people I know agree with me. This is because every year right around Thanksgiving, their days are filled fixing self clean problems. Oven is locked and won't open, heating elements won't turn on, keypad won't respond, etc.

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 14:33

• macraem
    8 years ago

Jadeite, the "off topic" comment that you made at the end of your post:

"A little OT, but the reason for the apparent unevenness of the oven heating was because I wasn't allowing it to pre-heat sufficiently. When the oven reaches the set temperature and beeps, the power oscillates for several minutes. During that time, the heat in different parts of the oven can be higher or lower than the set temperature. The oscillations decrease over about 10 minutes, then stabilize. At that point, the temperatures throughout the oven should be at the set temperature. He demonstrated this by placing thermometers at different locations in the oven."

FINALLY explains to me the problem I have been having with the convection oven of my ELux Slide in range since it was installed 3 or 4 years ago. It never seemed to be even close to hot enough when it indicated it was "ready" (oven thermometers would read from 50-75 degrees off) but if I tried adjusting the temp (as recommended: "your old oven and your familiar temps and times will have been inaccurate"--ha!), by the end of cooking it was usually too hot! I've been coming to realize that I need to wait longer, but haven't known about how long is reasonable to wait before assuming something more complicated might be wrong. Your explanation entirely makes sense for the symptoms I have been experiencing (including many botched batches of cookies that only bake for less than that stabilizing 10 minutes!). I can easily--though perhaps not entirely happily... :-( --wait ten more minutes for the oven temp to stabilize. My question to Electrolux is this, however: Why in heaven's name do you have the oven tell me it's ready ten minutes before it really is???!!! This makes no sense whatsoever, leads to a situation that has been really frustrating me for several years, AND because of these frustrations, I've been recommending to friends and acquaintances that they not get your oven. it's been particularly useless for careful baking. So bad business, too, no? A child could have planned this better!

1 Like

• jadeite
    8 years ago

macraem - I sympathize with your frustration. I'm glad we got the service call and had it explained to me. I was putting cookies into the oven when I heard the beep, and getting uneven baking, which is why we called the serviceman in the first place. I now let it heat at least 10 minutes after the beep, and my cookies come up pretty even. I sometimes switch the top and bottom cookie sheets if I'm being a little fussy. I always bake in big batches, three 11" x 17" cookie sheets at a time.

We've had the oven for almost 3 years now, never used the self clean, and so far it's performed perfectly.

Cheryl

• wekick
    8 years ago

Every oven has to stabilize. I always start my ELux wall oven a good thirty minutes ahead of time for any baking. My range with a 36"oven needs a good 45 minutes to be ready for baking. Some other things can go in during preheat or as soon as the preheat shuts off the first time. The element shuts off when the thermostat, which in the top of the oven reaches temperature. The middle of the oven is less than that. Over time the structure heats and provides more stability.

• Colleen T
    8 years ago

Just thought I'd comment on my Electrolux double oven. Bought it in February of this year (2015) and it is a good looking oven. However, after 8 months of rare use, it isn't heating up all the way (neither oven). Luckily, I'm still under warranty. It turns out that Electrolux asks that the ovens be removed from the wall in order to have their repairman repair it. The removal, of course, is not covered by the warranty. I'm so upset; never had this problem with Kitchenaid repairs. Don't understand why I have to pay to remove the oven from the wall in order to have it repaired, WHILE STILL UNDER WARRANTY. For this reason alone, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ELECTROLUX double ovens.

• wekick
    8 years ago

Imshasta, Their warranty says these repairs will be done at no cost to you. It does not say you have to pull the oven. I would contact the salesperson/dealer that you purchased it from and ask them what to do to get the service as specified in the warranty. I would also call Electrolux and see what they have to say about it. This does not sound right at all.

• Colleen T
    8 years ago

I spoke with Electrolux twice about this and apparently there is language in the warranty that states the appliance has to be "ready" to be serviced (not the word they used and I don't have the warranty with me). They said this includes pulling it out of the wall. One of their customer service reps said this is because the companies they contract with only have one service man out on each appointment, and therefore can't pull the oven. I suggested they hire a company that actually has 2 service people available, since this would alleviate the problem. The 2nd person told me it is because the companies they contract with do not want to be liable for damage to the surrounding cabinet or the floor. I understand this, and although hiring a separate company to pull the oven would be a burden timewise and scheduling wise, I would do it, but believe the cost of removing the oven from the wall should be borne by Electrolux, since this is a repair under warranty. Absolutely never had this problem with Kitchenaid.

• homepro01
    8 years ago

Interesting. I had my Miele oven looked at for a problem and there was only one person. He brought an appliance cart with him and pulled out the oven in about 5minutes. You don't necessarily need two people. Of course my oven is a single oven and your is a double. It does beg the question of how they think the double ovens will be used, just hanging out in the walkway of your kitchen without cabinets around them?

• Colleen T
    8 years ago

Funny, same thing I thought. My Kitchenaid was a double oven and one man pulled them out, but I vaguely remember that they came out separately. Perhaps Electrolux comes out both at once, even so, Electrolux should cover this. It is made as a builtin oven!!

• ginny20
    8 years ago

I have an Elux double. Fortunately, I had no trouble in the warranty period. But this info makes me very wary of Electrolux. I don't think Chris from Electrolux is following us any more, but if anyone from Elux is out there, you should do better than this!

• wekick
    8 years ago

This is an Electrolux warranty from the back of the use and care manual for a current double oven. Double check your model as this is easily found online.

They must be referring to line 8

"Expenses for making the appliance accessible for servicing such as the removal of trim, cupboards, shelves, etc which are not a part of the appliance when it was shipped from the factory."

but I am not seeing that it would include pulling it out of the wall, just removing any obstructions to them doing that. How would you know that it even requires pulling it out? I would call your sales person as they may have an in with service that you don't have. If you have the exact wording in front of you, at least you can read it back to them. If you are talking to corporate Electrolux, I would also talk to the actual local repair people before they come out and see what they say.

• billy_g
    8 years ago

imshasta, I suggest you contact Electrolux again. There are many big appliances that may require two people and the repairmen know to bring a second person when needed. My Electrolux double oven was repaired under warranty and the service people knew to bring two people when we scheduled the repair. Electrolux paid for the repair.

Did you use the self-cleaning feature of the oven? That should be avoided... do an internet search on this problem.

• Colleen T
    8 years ago

Thank you to all of you. That is the wording in the warranty Electrolux was referring to, wekick. She said that includes pulling the ovens out of the wall. Her supervisor said the same thing. I hung up and called the store where I bought it and am now dealing with them and hopefully it will be resolved. Unfortunately, I was hoping to have my ovens operable for Thanksgiving, but it looks like I won't make it! By the way, I haven't used and self-cleaning feature due to my research here on these very helpful boards!

• ifoco
    8 years ago

Isn't it about time, manufacturers figured out how to keep computer controls on an oven cool during self clean cycle. If they don't want to or haven't figured how to do that, Honestly, shouldn't they simply market the oven as a non self cleaning oven. It would solve a lot of problems for people and them. If you really want a self cleaning oven, you would not buy theirs. If it doesn't matter to you, you should realistically get theirs for less $$. It would seem greed on the mfg part causes this problem. I have previously mentioned my Gaggenau oven gets self cleaning as it needs. not even sure I can change the length of time. I simply run it; it does its job and shuts off. The rotiserie makes a terrible mess and that's what self cleaning is for. While I have other issues with Gaggenau, this feature works like it is supposed to. If they have it nailed, shouldn't other manufacturers have it figured out or admit they don't have a self cleaning oven.

Inga

• jvivian0
    8 years ago

We're having the same problem(s) with our EW30EW65GS7. First they replaced some sort of washer with a bigger washer, then a bigger one, then installed fans and "high-limit" thermostats. Now we're working with them to what Electrolux says to do next. Here's hoping they can figure it out...

• homedude3
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

chiming in here as a prospective owner (I'm going through new construction selections now). A google search on this topic shows this is a well known issue. I don't think it is appropriate to advise a new customer not to use the oven in the way it is marketed and for the features that are promoted.

Please keep this thread up to date. I'd like to know that Elux is resolving this.

• homedude3
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

jvivian0can you tell me please when you purchased your EW30EW65GS7 ? and when did you use the self clean cycle for the first time? I'm trying to figure out if this issue has been resolved, perhaps with newer models. what I'm sensing so far is that owners are either not using the self clean cycle in the first year, or even if they do (and the unit breaks) Elux is not recognizing a product-wide issue and dealing with individual owners by leaning on the warranty details, which puts the customer on the hook for a several hundred dollar repair even under warranty! if I was in that situation I would be very frustrated.
    Since I have a great deal of interest in this topic I thought I would let the everyone know that I have contacted Electrolux media relations (Eloise Hale) so that we can get to the bottom of this issue. I Have informed Eloise via phone and via email of this forum and await further guidance from her.

• ginny20
    8 years ago

I have Elux non-Icon Wavetouch double wall oven from 2011. At the risk of jinxing myself, I can attest that I have used the self-clean feature at least three times a year with no problem. Apparently, I am one of the lucky ones. When I purchased, it was my understanding that Elux had been having issues earlier (like 2008), but that they had seemed to correct the problems. I agree, the suggestion that we just shouldn't use self-clean is ludicrous. If the oven can't be safely self-cleaned, then don't call it a self-cleaning oven. That sounds suspiciously like misrepresentation. And if it blows out, then Elux should pick up all costs of the repair, no matter what mealy-mouthed language is in their warranty.

• akingsqueen
    8 years ago

I have my Electrolux Icon Double Wall Ovens since 2011. The top oven all of a sudden has a problem with the Rapid Preheat. It normally should take 7-9 mins to rapid preheat to 350 and is now taking 25-30 mins. I've had 2 repairmen here-first guy said it was the sensor probe in the top back of the oven-he had to order part and come back. Two weeks later, another repair guy comes and says first guy is wrong-it's either the hidden bake element or relay switch-has to order parts and come back. He called today with estimate to repair-$611!! I called Electrolux who offered me a 2 year extended warranty for $614. So unfortunately, after a month of this back and forth, I gave in and bought the warranty. After reading all of your posts, I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem? and if maybe it's just the reset button?!

• jvivian0
    8 years ago

Re question from homedude3 above, our EW30EW65GS7 was mfd in late 2010, but we didn't move in until mid-2011. We don't use the oven much, but each time we've self-cleaned either the upper or lower oven, it's blown. [So we're careful to never clean them both at the same time!] As said above, the service people have been here a couple of times, doing increasingly more each time to fix it. But nothing has fixed it; it still blows each time we self-clean. Today they came again with replacement high-limit thermostats (for which we were billed), and both ovens are again working. But they warned us not to use the self-clean again until they work out with Electrolux what they can do to fix it. So not only is it frustrating that the self-clean function has never worked on such an expensive oven, but it's doubly frustrating that the self-clean function hasn't been able to be fixed, despite a number of service calls over the past two years.

• Colleen T
    8 years ago

My repairman was here recently for another issue and I asked him about the self-cleaning problem. He said that it is resolved with the reset button, in most cases.

• Colleen T
    8 years ago

Curious if any of your repairs requires you to remove the ovens from the wall yourself?

• jvivian0
    8 years ago

With the EW30EW65GS7, the thermostats are on the back of each oven, so yes, they have to be pulled all the way out of the wallmount to reset them. I'm pretty handy, but I couldn't have done it myself. They have to have two service guys and/or a pretty experienced repair guy with the oven "cart" to do it. For us, they've been reset and/or replaced a couple of times, and been replaced with high-limit thermostats, and had fans installed, and still they've continued to blow after self-cleaning.

• calgaryabguy
    8 years ago

I purchased all my appliances as a bundle from Coast wholesale about 6 or so years ago. Double wall over, hybrid induction cooktop, dishwasher and side by side fridge. in the first year the dishwasher had to be repaired about 5 times until finally they basically re-built it. the fridge keeps freezing items if they are close to the wall that is connected to the freezer or if they are in the drawer, about 4 years the cooktop stopped working and was told maybe $1000 to repair and not sure that would work or not...replaced the cooktop (reluctantly with an electrolux) that is full induction. I complained extensively and they did offer a $300 discount on a replacement which was at least decent...however I shouldn't have had to replace it period! The little light bar on the digital clock of the oven has a few of those lights out so you can't really tell what the time is, don't think the convection heating elements work and now the top wall oven stopped working as a few stated above. I can't freakin believe when you pay over $10,000 on appliances that they are not lasting for a GOOD 10-15 years without major issues. Every single one of mine has had problems and I am completely FED up with this brand...They look pretty, but don't judge a book by it's cover goes both ways. Having to start spending thousands on repairs on these appliances is a bit ridiculous, especially when most repair places want to change $100 just to walk in the door and tell you it will cost your first born...Arggggg.

• jvivian0
    8 years ago

Yeah, we had problems with our Elux fridge too. Many, many calls and visits. One time, it started shooting water and ice out onto the kitchen floor, and amazingly, the two service guys were standing right in front of it and even they couldn't get it to stop. It's now kind of working, but not well. Elux settled a class-action lawsuit on the ice-maker; we're hopeful that we'll at least recover our service costs on it. Details at http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/open-lawsuit-settlements/236341-electrolux-ice-maker-class-action-settlement/

Elux has also settled a class-action lawsuit on their dryers, and there's another one under-way on their clothes washers.

Maybe someone will start a class-action lawsuit on the stoves...

• Liz Seitz
    7 years ago

Well... our double wall oven is 4 years old, our extended warranty expired in 2015. Guess what? I ran the self clean on high, forgetting all together about this known issue and the oven is DEAD. I called Electrolux, they offered me a warranty of $500 that would cover any repairs and if necessary a new oven. Really? How about you honor your product?? You should be able to run the self clean feature! Why have it if you can't run it. Now I have to pay a repairman. Electrolux offered NOTHING..

• calgaryabguy
    7 years ago

Liz....save your money, I googled this happening and there is a thermal switch in the back of the oven. I have a double wall oven that stopped working after a self clean. It's a pain but it wasn't bad. Pulled the oven out, took the back off and there is a little red button...I pushed it in and it works fine...e shouldn't have to do this but it's better than paying a repair guy hundreds to do that...

• Colleen T
    7 years ago

I thought i would follow up and let people know that I replaced my awful Electrolux Double Ovens under warranty. Store took them back (probably refurbished and resold!) and I bought a Bosch double wall oven, which I love and have had for 7 months. Looks great and works great. Rarely use the self-clean function though and when I do, set my timer for 60 minutes and then turn the oven off.

• pay_golden
    7 years ago

I have the same issue with the bottom oven not heating up. I called Electrolux and their response was to try to sell me a control board for $280...the rep stated that it is just too hard to pull the oven but if I just purchased their part...I'm calling BS!

• Bill Gaska
    7 years ago

I sympathize with all you owners of Electrolux appliances. I purchased a kitchen bundle which included the convection stove, side by side fridge and dishwasher all wave touch. Had problems with all of them. All out of warranty of course. The fridge will freeze food if they are all the way in the back, so my wife put a shoe box in the meat drawer to make sure not to put it in back. Also the water line freezes from time to time and you leave the door open to thaw it.

The first time we used the self cleaning oven it melted the main circuit board, which I replaced at a cost of $220.

The dishwasher had to have one of the drain tubes replaced and I already replaced the pump because it quit after 3 years.

there is no reason you shouldn't be able to use the self cleaning option on the oven if you paid for this feature. The salesmen use this as a selling feature. It's like buying a car with air conditioning and then they tell you not to use it.

Electrolux used to be a extremely reliable company now they sell junk.

• cwalsh2
    7 years ago

I am the owner of the Electrolux double wall oven E30EW85GPS5 as well.

The problems I am having mirror those above. My upper oven does not heat up adequately. It seems to have started after using self cleaning mode. I've been told the oven is extremely heavy and two men with an oven cart struggled to take oven out and do the 'repair'. The oven is not repaired and I've had 5 service calls. I'm wondering if they will be able to repair it as I'm already $500 into this. Very disappointed and trying to figure out what to do next.

• Liz Seitz
    7 years ago

Hitting the reset button in the back didn't work?

• cwalsh2
    7 years ago

I am contacting the repair person to find out if they did that. Thank you!

• cwalsh2
    7 years ago

They just replaced the heating element and said that should fix it! I am crossing my fingers!

• stuarton
    7 years ago

The Electrolux double oven doors will have nasty drip and stain marks that are impossible to clean. Electrolux tells me to call out a service company to remove the doors, so I can clean it and then have the doors reinstalled by the service company. This is not a solution as the stain will reappear anytime you clean the oven with any cleaner or drip any water when wiping down the door. This is a design flaw for sure. On the one hand, they tout large glass doors to see through, but then have a flaw where the doors are dirty when you simply clean the oven.

• wekick
    7 years ago

Vents in the door are common. You do have to be careful when cleaning, but my Electrolux has the vents on the top of the door which is better than in the interior face of the door which many ovens have. I noticed the vents when I got it so I wring out any cleaning cloths and have avoided any drips.

• Glenn Shellhouse
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Before you buy: Google "Electrolux self-clean = die". You will learn that for the last 10 years there has been a problem Electrolux has failed to fix. When you use the self-clean cycle a thermal switch shuts the oven down until you have a $94 service call to reset it.

We called Electrolux and they pretended they didn't know what we were talking about. Those web-based 5 star reviews you see are probably bogus. Avoid their self-cleaning ovens for sure.

Our model is the ew30ds65gb4.

• Tim Banta
    6 years ago

I own the Mdl. EW30EW55PSC Electrolux wall oven...my wife loves it....or rather she use to love it. Purchased June 2016...self cleaned September 2016 and blew the heat resistor...replaced under warranty. Cleaned again June 2017...blew heat resistor again. Called Electrolux and they tell me that they can sell me an extended warranty for $300 plus bucks. Otherwise, I can pay for it myself...of course the part is still covered, labor isn't...BIG DEAL, I get $50 of the $300 bill paid. Customer Service won't let me talk to any Managers because they know I am pissed. Conclusion: If you don't clean these ovens by hand, you are going to pay for a new heat resistor every time...if you want real customer service, don't buy Electrolux. Go to any website and type this problem with Electrolux in the search and you will see just how great their Customer Service is...ZIP, CRAPOLA DOUBLE TALK AND A POOR PRODUCT.

• telesaps
    6 years ago

Thought I'd say once again, that I finally replaced my horrible Electrolux with a Bosch. Its been 2 years and I LOVE it. I am even able to self clean it, but have only done so for an hour and then shut it off. Gets the oven clean enough! HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOSCH. Same price range too, if I recall correctly.

• paxton00
    6 years ago
    Only had my wave touch oven installed for 4 months. Tried cleaning for first time and it didn’t work. Had a repair person come out and he apparently fixed the problem but suggested that I don’t use the self clean feature because of the above stated problems. Suggested I put a pan with water and lemon juice in a 500* oven for an hour. Didn’t work. I can’t believe I bought a $3000 oven that I can’t clean! After the holidays I will try the self clean again and see what happens. I miss my 20 year old GE double oven. Cleaned perfectly.
  • Nancy Smith
    6 years ago

Oh, I didn't know this was an issue. I have a free-standing Electrolux oven, and after running the self-clean earlier today, it just displays -- -- -- --. My husband pulled it out from the wall and removed the back cover, but there is no reset switch. I cannot find a thermal overload switch part... I guess that's what needs replacing. Can someone point me in the right direction? The model number is 30ef65gsh.

• Nancy Smith
    6 years ago

correction, the model number is ew30ef65gsh

• catcar
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I bought an Electrolux double oven Model#EI30EW45JS2 on 4/27/12. I LOVE this oven and have been very happy, but started to see some rust spots. DON'T ignore these if you get them. I now have a hole which I saw when I started to remove the grates for self-clean. I was frightened and contact Electrolux who first asked, do you have an extended warranty?I don't anymore although purchased an extended warranty when I purchased it. They said they would check to see if they had parts to replace the liner (also rust starting on the upper oven) and after about a week, they called on Saturday to say they could not get the parts. Great. She also told me that they could do nothing until a service person saw it. I asked what would happen if I got a service person in and she said, well, it is no longer under warranty and you would be responsible. Well, thanks a lot since a) an extended warranty doesn't cover rust and b) there aren't parts to fix it anyway. She said they might give me 10% off an oven (probably with a gift card), so I have to spend more than $3000 on a new Electrolux which probably will do that same thing in 6 years and they are being generous giving me $300. DO NOT BUY THIS OVEN. It is so unbelievable discouraging to be treated like this. BTW, I had a Thermador range that is 23 years old and still works perfectly, although it no longer looks perfect. I will now be buying a KitchenAid double oven because Electrolux will not help at all. Beautiful oven, just don't expect it to last for more than a few years. Just think if I had actually used the self-cleaning cycle and my house burned down. SO dangerous.

• Mark Haanraadts
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I have a Electrolux EW30GF65GSK freestanding range purchased in 2011. I used the self-cleaning feature a few months ago and ever since the top oven intermittently doesn't heat-up anymore. Sometimes it heats up fine, sometimes it takes over an hour, sometimes it doesn't heat-up at all. The lower oven is working fine.

I've found a service manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/889751/Electrolux-Ew30gf65g-Series.html#manual but I don't see any thermal switch mentioned. Does anyone have any suggestions how to troubleshoot/fix this? Thank you!

• HU-848823242
    5 years ago

I fixed this issue in 20 minutes on New Years Eve. I used a car jack and a board to support the double oven and roll it out of the cabinet. My wife balanced it while I removed 8 screws. The back was off and I pushed the reset on the thermal switch. Put the back on. Pushed it back into place and it was good to go. In the past, two service techs charged us $428 for the call.

The problem with this design is athe use of a cheap analog component, the thermal switch. If it were digital the software would check the actual temperature and see everything was fine. Maybe in 20 years we will get smarter appliance.

• melchap
    5 years ago
    I would never use self clean function on any oven ever. it gets so hot. The fumes from the burning of food residue and the super high heating of materials of the oven aren't healthy.
  • dadoes
    5 years ago

I've run self-clean numerous times on my almost 15yo GE range with no resultant damage to either the oven or myself.

• Mark Haanraadts
    5 years ago

An update: I had my range serviced, and the Range Oven Burner Igniter was replaced to solve the issue. Hope this helps anyone. Here's the part:

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/316489403/0022/628.html?modelNumber=EW30GF65GSK&categoryName=Free%20Standing,%20Gas&brandName=ELECTROLUX

• Cyndi Bennett
    3 years ago

Ok..this is the second Electrolux we have had! First refrigerator ...the ice maker rusted!! dont but a frig! Now it’s our wall oven! Yes I used self cleaning! If it’s not good to use...why is in on there!! Both ovens quit working! The floor of one oven is cracked and you can see the heating element through it! It’s ONLY 11 yrs old...not under warranty ! I do not recommend anyone to buy Electrolux !! Well known supposively great company!! But not! Do not buy Electrolux!!