Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Miele dishwasher install

Posted by moomoosmom (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 25, 12 at 16:49

We bought a Miele diswasher (G4205U) at the annual Miele warehouse sale. We pulled out our old Frigidare DW and are in the process of installing the Miele. Its way shoter than our standard builder grade cabinets. Our old DW was MAYBE a 1/2" shorter than the cabinets at most. The Miele is just shy of 1 1/2" shorter. We can raise the front legs but not the back ones on it. We could raise up the front legs but then the unit won't be front back level. Any tips or suggestions? We are contemplating cutting a piece of 2x4 and putting it in to fill the gap.

The Miele instructions suck and are clearly not geared toward DIY.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Miele dishwasher install

The back legs can be raised from the front of the machine.

On the bottom are two sets of screws that require a TORX 20 (t-20) bit/ screwdriver.

One set adjusts the door tension springs and the other the rear legs. There are pictograms resembling a leg and a spring

o

Not to hijack this thread, but can you provide more information regarding the Miele warehouse sale? I tried googling, but could only find info about a Miele outlet in Canada. Is the sale you mentioned in Canada? Thanks!

o

Xedos - THANK YOU! I looked all over for those screws. For the life of me I never thought to look on the FRONT! Appreciate the tip! Any other sage advice?

Yes sorry DCJersey the sale was in Toronto Canada. They hold it for two days once a year - was this friday and sat. Dishwasher was less than half the retail price. Crossing my fingers its as good as everyone says!

o

Not sure why, bug from what I've read over the past few years, it seems like Miele Canada does a lot more sales and promos, including longer warranties. But here in the US they do no national sales or promos.

o

I may be too late, but that is a sizable gap.

If you want your unit to be as quiet as possible, I suggest going back to your first thought with a shim piece of wood to be put under the DW, but it should be full sized, not just the back.

Truthfully it is a very minor difference, so if you have it setup already, don't worry about it. The general rule is for noisy items you want to keep the legs as short as possible to reduce vibration.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here