Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whirlpool Gold

Posted by gabethan (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 16:39

After an exhaustive search on dishwashers, I came across this as having great reviews. It's also a Black Friday deal. I know Miele is the coveted brand, but I've been through many a high end dishwasher. I need 2 and was curious the feedback on this forum. Thanks!

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpool-Gold-Top-Control-Dishwasher-in-Monochromatic-Stainless-Steel-WDT710PAYM/203524129/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whirlpool Gold

I got a new Whirlpool Gold dishwasher a couple of months ago to replace a 10-12 year old Whirlpool Gold.

This is the model I have: http://t.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpool-Gold-Front-Control-Dishwasher-in-Monochromatic-Stainless-Steel-with-Stainless-Steel-Tub-WDF750SAYM/203524098/

It's nice and quiet and does the job. But only if you use the rinse-aid. Without the rinse aid nothing made of plastic, and none of the cutlery will dry.

o

I bought the top of the line Whirlpool Gold dishwasher some time back and I would never recommend one. Mine never ever dried a dish, despite multiple service calls. I wish it was just the plastic items that didn't dry. There is something gross about flatware staying wet. And, in case you're wondering rinse aid did not help, the water temperature coming in is fine.

o

Maybe it's to do with water hardness? We have very soft water with virtually nothing in it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here