Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another question about hot oven doors�Wolf AG

Posted by cheri127 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 16:21

Hi all. Just had the new Wolf AG installed and am burning off the oven. I would never have thought to check the oven door temp if I hadn't read so many posts where folks were having issues. Well, sure enough, the top of the door (about the upper most 4") is too hot to leave your finger on for more than a second. No burns, just uncomfortable and probably would do damage if your hand was held there. It's especially hot on the left side which has me a little worried that something may not be right. Also, the temperature light keeps blinking really fast when the gas kicks off at 500 degrees. Anybody know what's going on with that? And are these hot doors normal? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another question about hot oven doors�Wolf AG

Using a temperature probe I measured to door temp to be around 135 and the face of the range (where the knobs are) was 165 degrees. The inner top of the door was 210. I called Wolf and they told me to have a service tech come out and check the door gasket. Has anyone with this problem ever had it fixed?

o
RE: Another question about hot oven doors�Wolf AG

Please, Cat_mom, can you tell me whether your new oven door fixed to problem with it getting too hot? Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here