Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lg customer service and manufacturing issue

Posted by plou62 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 15:59

THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT WARNING TO ANY AND ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE MARKET OR SOME DAY MAY BE IN THE MARKET TO PURCHASE ANY MAJOR APPLIANCE. DO NOT...I REPEAT DO NO PURCHASE LG APPLIANCES. THE MANUFACTURING AND SERVICE FOR THESE APPLIANCES ARE TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. WE ARE PRESENTLY ON OUR SECOND RANGE. ORIGINALLY PURCHASE IN JUNE AND DELIVERED IN AUGUST. THE 1ST STOVE..THE ELECTRIC STOVE TOP BURNERS MALFUNCTIONED FROM THE DAY OF OUR POSSESSION. THAT RANGE WAS REPLACED BY HHGREGG BECAUSE IT WAS IN THE 30 DAY TIME PERIOD. BY THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER, I HAD DISCOVERED AN AREA ON THE BACK OF THE OVEN CAVITY WHICH HAD MELTED THE ENAMEL. I CONTACTED LG AND RECEIVED A SERVICE CALL FROM AN LG TECH. I HAD TO CANCEL THAT FIRST APPT. DUE TO FAMILY EMERGENCIES. WHEN I MADE THE NEXT APPT. I WAS TOLD THERE WERE NO LG TECHS IN OUR AREA AND THEY WOULD CONTACT AN INDEPENDENT SERVICE PROVIDER WHO WOULD HAVE AUTHORITY TO SERVICE THE APPLIANCE. WHEN THIS PERSON C
AME THEY EXAMINED THE AREA AND DETERMINED THAT THE ENAMEL HE A DEFECT FROM THE MANUFACTURER WHICH CAUSED THE PROBLEM. NON-REPAIRABLE. I ASKED HIM IF THERE WAS ANYTHING I COULD POSSIBLY DO THAT COULD HAVE CAUSED THIS..HE SAID NO. I EVENTUALLY TALKED TO THE LG CUSTOMER SUPPORT CENTER AND WAS SENT AN EMAIL WITH A WAY TO DOWNLOAD THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT AND A PICTURE OF THE AREA. I DID THAT AND THEN I HAD TO CALL AGAIN. THEY TOLD ME THEY DETERMINED IT WAS COSMETIC. THEY DID NOT SAY IT WAS NOT A MANUFACTURING DEFECT BUT THAT IT WAS JUST COSMETIC. I TOLD THEM IT WOULD MAKE THE SELF-CLEAN FEATURE UNUSABLE AND EVENTUALLY LEAD TO THE CORROSION OF THE INTERIOR. ON MY SECOND CALL THEY AGREED THAT WAS TRUE..BUT STILL COSMETIC..HUH? SO THEN I POINTED OUT THE ILLOGIC OF THAT SITUATION, SO THE PERSON TRIED TO TELL ME IT WAS SOMETHING I HAD SPILLED ON IT. I ONLY BAKED SUGAR COOKIES AND PROOFED BREAD IN IT. PLUS IF YOU LOOK UP MANUFACTURING METHODS AND THE PROCESS OF ENAMELING FOR THESE THINGS ONLY HYRDROFLOURIC ACID COULD POSSIBLE DAMAGE IT. I DON'T HAVE THAT. SO THEY CHANGED THEIR STORY WHEN CONFRONTED WITH THEIR OWN STATEMENTS, AND STILL REFUSED THE REPORT FROM A AUTHORIZED SERVICE PERSON SENT TO ME BY THEM. WE ARE GOING TO CONTACT A CONSUMER AFFAIRS PERSON AND FURTHER PURSUE THIS. BUT I REITERATE...DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BUY AN LG PRODUCT. THEY ARE LIARS, DISSEMBLERS AND DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lg customer service and manufacturing issue

No matter how angry one is there is no need for constant YELLING!

o

Not a fan of LG but there are many things that can cause damage to enamel surfaces. One the the main things is spilled sugars. I've seen spilled sugary sauces eat into a glass cooktop. This is one of the reasons why manufacturers recommend cleaning up spills right away.

and stop yelling !!!

o

Your understanding of the word "enamel" in regard to ovens may be out of date.
The oven coating on many of today's appliances is a type of high temperature paint not the usual fired glaze found in the past.
If you haven't checked out www.consumeraffairs.com, the link is below. You may wish to post there as well.
Some foreign appliance makers have the attitude that customers and service companies are all out to rip them off and take "their" warranty money.
You might want to check with your local area service companies if they know of some shop that does the needed repair and get a quote to forward in a letter to the CEO of LG Appliance USA.

Here is a link that might be useful: LG Range complaints

o

sorry about the yelling..forgot to turn off the caps...LOL. a service person has determined it to be now repairable.
The material that came off was not just flakes of enamel. It is a large chunk of blackened on the outside/blue enamel on the inside...leaving bare metal. the flaw is also on the back of the oven cavity...unless I was slinging sugar around by hand it isn't any food item. And causing the enamel to melt and run and form large chunks seems out of the realm of possibility. I looked up on a manufacturers website what could damage the enamel and hydroflouric acid was about it. It is made to be self-cleaning oven...high heat. The interior shouldn't melt with normal cooking of food. And I also know that I "spilled' nothing. If you look closely at the pictures I took, you can see that the damage extends under the edge of the convection fan in the back of the oven...I couldn't have spilled it there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here