Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Advantium convection cooking

Posted by BHoffman (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 15:59

i have a GE Profile Advantium SCB2001.
I use the microwave part all the time and have cooked pizzas following the speedcook menu.
I want to bake cornbread dressing for Thanksgiving. Help! I read the book and it says to set Pyrex on turntable but how do i decide the levels and times?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Advantium convection cooking

No worries, if heat is too low, you can complain to the "Kernel",
if you get the heat too high, just serve it as a "Snack", (Pop Corn)

Unsigned

o

Are you sure it says you're supposed to use the glass tray? I thought it was the metal tray.  If you use the convection mode, then you're essentially using it just like a regular oven, so you can bake it just like normal.

o

I think you use the pyrex dish on a metal tray. There is a basic recipe in the book that you can modify.

o

Your oven does not have a convection cooking mode in it. GE didn't add a convention cooking element to the 240v Advantium (letting you select temperature as with a conventional oven) until the mid-'00s, which yours predates. The Advantium 120 has always had a convection oven; now they all do, but the early 240v ovens had only the halogen lights and microwaves for cooking. (the newer-design A240 wall oven also has a larger interior with a wire shelf, a interior light that stays on during microwaving, and is several inches shorter, with a custom-sized drawer that fits underneath the oven cutout opening to hold extra trays for upgraders).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here