Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do when oven cut out is too big?

Posted by cheri127 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 2, 13 at 15:55

I would like to replace a 27" built in KitchenAid microwave with a 24" Miele combi steam oven. The oven gets screwed into the cabinet frames at the sides, not the top and bottom. I'm hoping that it's possible to add strips of wood to face frame and screw the oven into that (I can conceal it with the 27" trim kit). Has anyone done successfully done this? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do when oven cut out is too big?

I don't think you need to add any strips of wood if you are using a trim kit. but you can double check on that.

if you are not using a trim kit, you can add two blocks of wood on the side to "narrow" the opening to the appropriate size.

o

Thanks, Noopd. I was under the impression that the trim kit just covered up what ever makeshift method was used to make the space smaller. I will look into this. Would really make my life easier if it does it all.

o

I had to install a 24" Gaggenau combi steam oven in a 27" cutout after the 27" was discontinued. It was replaced under warranty.

The installer used strips of wood behind the oven at the sides to mount the oven. I was left with gaps on each side of the oven.

Gagg did not make a trim kit, so I had a custom trim kit made by a company called Microtrim.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here