Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
naniki_gw

Dual wall ovens, induction cooktop

naniki
10 years ago

Greetings Everyone,

I'm remodeling my kitchen and need some advice. I want dual Electric wall ovens and a 36" induction cooktop. ( I don't want or need top of the line expensive like Wolf, etc.) There are too many to choose from and reviews are, most times, posted by company personnel. SOO I'm lost. I've been looking at the Bosch cooktop, but was told GE and Thermador are also fine. And Dual ovens?? I like the temp probe in the Bosch but can't find any reviews on it. If anyone could help me out I'd love it as I intend to purchase all the appliances on black thursday 11/29 from whoever gives me the best price.

I have decided I am purchasing a Samsung french drawer fridge, a micro drawer (all made by sharp), a compactor, and a warming drawer as well.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Comments (2)

• Ed-C
    10 years ago

Naniki:

Cooktops

For induction cooktops there are a few choices to consider. The new "full-surface" design, as well as your choice of hob layout and control interface. For more discussion on this from this forum see the thread "Feedback on Induction Cooktops w/ Knobs." Also different models require different venting and clearance requirements, which can impact your storage space.

Ovens

I have a Bosch HBL8450UC/07. The probe can be set to a desired temperature at which point the oven will turn off, though avoiding getting a burn while inserting the probe in the oven can sometimes be tricky. The fast preheat & dehydrate features are useful. Overall the temperature gradients in the oven when using the convection features work well, so cookies on the top and bottom racks cook pretty evenly using the convection bake settings.

I'm on the 2nd oven unit as the first one developed a problem with the thermostat and would burn food, etc. The entire thing had to be replaced. One pet peeve I have with this model is that the timer includes seconds. So to set a time of two hours, I have to press in 2-0-0-0-0. If I make a mistake I have to put in leading zeros to overwrite the time. Not a big deal though.

The oven came with a ball bearing assisted, telescopic rack, which was nice while it lasted but was supposed to be removed when the self-cleaning mode was on. The first time we forgot to do that the rack was ruined.

Good luck with your new kitchen.

• cj47
    10 years ago

I have double wall ovens and a 36 inch induction cooktop and I love this configuration. I don't always have all 5 hobs going, but I sure do appreciate it when I do! LIke this week, when I'm cooking for Thanksgiving.

As to induction, I have a Miele and I'm in love with it, but I've rarely heard of anyone who doesn't like what they've chosen, so pick the one that has the features you're looking for and you should be fine. Some folks like an edge, others don't. Mine has a very thin edge that does NOT collect crud but does protect the edge of the glass, which I like. Some of the Bosch units look very nice, and if I was shopping today, i'd take a closer look at them. I wanted turn off timers on each burner, and at the time I was buying, Miele was one of the few choices. Now, many brands have this feature, which I use frequently.

I chose Electrolux wave touch ovens. I have found them to be reliable and to work very well, and after rebate they were within my price range. The sensor probe is great, I use it frequently. They generally get good reviews here. I love the pull out ball bearing racks--they're just wonderful.

As to shopping, I did my research, made a first and second choice for each item, then laid in wait for the best prices and rebates to come along over about a year and a half period. One day i was just browsing through a sale room and lo and behold, there was a discontinued Miele dishwasher for half off--my first choice machine! I did really well on pretty much everything but the cook top--that never went on sale, but I didn't really expect it to, and I didn't even care. :-) Induction is wonderful, you're going to love it.

Best of luck to you,
    Cj

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths