Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scole250

Wolf DF304 installation question

scole250
10 years ago

I'm considering a Wolf 30" range, DF304LP duel fuel. I have an installation question for anyone else who has installed a similar size Wolf range. The install spec shows a 3.25" x 13" area around the back center of the range to bring electric service in. It also shows a 3.25" x 10" area for the gas, which is in the same area as the electric. I already have a 4 prong receptacle in the electric area, but the LP line is all the way on the right and appears will need to be moved. Problem is the 4 prong receptacle with range cord plugged in is over 3.25" tall and takes up a large part of the same area the gas needs to come in at. Based on a pic Wolf provided, it appears there may actually be enough room, but can't be sure. I've spoken with Wolf customer service but they can't tell me any more than it is what it is. Has anyone else installed a Wolf duel fuel and can provide a little more insight to how tight the electric and gas is going to be?

Where does the gas tubing and electric cord get pushed back to when you slide the range in? Under it or is there space on the back side for the tubing and cords?

Also, has anyone installed a gas range with the island trim with a tile back splash mounted on sheet rock, not cement board? I was told the sheet rock was considered combustible and needed to use a 5" metal riser on the range instead of island trim.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment (1)