Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LG vs DCS. Different league big price diff.

Posted by jzinckgra (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 24, 12 at 15:34

We're narrowing down our stove choices and are looking at the DCS RGU305 (LP) version. Very nice stove, good knobs, quality all around. I'm more into the look and solidness of a stove even though my wife does most of the cooking. With that, my wife isn't particular and has left the stove choice up to me. We just saw an LG (LDG3016ST) which obviously is in a whole different league, but has duel ovens, decent features and is only $1350. The DCS is $3749. My wife does favor the DCS more, understanding that it is a far superior stove in terms of quality, but as long as a stove does what it should, she really doesn't care. We will be using LP for gas and the LG has lower powered burners all around, so we'll take more of a hit on those burners than the DCS. In any case, the reviews on the LG are very good. The DCS are few, but decent.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LG vs DCS. Different league big price diff.

I just thought i would comment on LG Products. We bought a washer and dryer set for $3000 5 years ago and have had nothing but problems. We have had them repaired many times. There customer service is terrible and they dont honor the warranty. Just recently my dryer started thumping and now the barrel inside has a huge ripe in the drum. After doing some research many people have had issue with the whole product line.I hope this helps.Do the reviews on the product and the LG line.

o

If you haven't already seen this on another thread, it may be of some help.

Here is a link that might be useful: LG Range complaints

o

Thanks for the link. I had read about the LG knob issues, but didn't think it was that bad. I understand you only usually hear more about the bad complaints then the good, but this seems like a recurring theme, so why take the risk.

o

Below is a 30" pro-style Jenn Air propane range with starting bid at $2150 with free shipping.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here