Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stainless Steel appliances remove stains

Posted by carmelvalleyite (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 15:34

I applied my stainless steel cleaner directly on my newer SS refrig and, yikes, everywhere I squirted it, there were shiny drip marks and spots, big and very noticeable. I found this site and someone suggested Murphy's Oil. I had a bottle of Pledge Revitalizing Oil with natural orange oil. I applied a bit on a soft cloth on a small stain and it worked. I slowly rubbed it on the entire section of the refrigerator spot by spot in case of another disaster but much to my delight, all the stains were gone. Prayed all the while it would work since I have a buyer coming to view my house soon. Hope this helps someone too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stainless Steel appliances remove stains

What I learned with staineless finishes is that you cannot spot clean. You have to do a whole panel at a time. I've found that virtually anything --- Windex being one example --- will work if you use a microfiber cloth and do the entire door, side panel, or whatever. When I tried Murphy's oil soap, the surface seemed a mite sticky afterwards. I've got some of the Pledge Revitalizing Oil, though and had not thought of trying that. Thanks for the tip.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here