Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Monogram Appliances

Posted by AlizaKalton (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 14:35

Hello!
We are putting in a totally new kitchen and are thinking about installing all GE Monogram appliances (oven, fridge, dishwasher,microwave). Consumer reports does not have good reviews however all the people at appliance stores seems to like them.

Has anyone has positive or negative experiences?
Thank you,
Aliza

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Monogram Appliances

we bought all GE Profile appliances in 2005 and I still love them. got a really good deal because i bought dishwsher, dual fuel range, fridge, advantium micro/convection.
great quality. only thing we replaced was the LED panel on micro.dishwasher stainless inside and out has held up really well and is very quiet

o

I like the ovens because they are one of the only models that still have a knob control option. Solid, but not spectacular.

Hoods OK, overpriced.

DW, kinda a dud, considering price.

Built in fridges: Older generation 36" models are solid but quality is declining as is fit and finish. Stinker, considering the cost realative to SubZero. Their new fully integrated line has a better fit and finish, but doesn't have the track record for me to comment on how it'll last. At only $500 less than it's rival, not worth the gamble.

Range- decent product, but they change the builder every couple of years so it's not consistent. The burners of a few years ago were fine for simmer and full blast , but lacked real control in the medium ranges. Grill was pretty versatile too.

Micro - stick with Panasonic or Sharp $200 models
Advantium - I'm not a fan of lightbulb ovens. The 120V model is a joke. 220V is too much $$$.

Warming drawer is nice, especially if you like,use the fitted containers.

Cooktops - cannot comment.
Rangetops - see Range above.

FWIW - I would NEVER install appliance from only one manuf. EVER ! A lot of GWers will tell you the same.

o

Agree with xedos, we had the dishwasher and it---didn't, clean the dishes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here