Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Changing a 30 inch cooktop

Posted by drewem (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 14:09

The new house will have a 30 inch KA gas cook top, with 600 cfm range hood above.

The base cabinet supporting the top is 36 inches.

In the future could I change out the top to a better one, for instance a 36 inch wolf, 6 burner?

Besides having the granite re-cut, is there anything else that needs to be done? Or is this just a dream? Adding it in now is out of the budget.

Thanks for your responses!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Changing a 30 inch cooktop

The difference between a 30"and 36" KA is only around $600. Cut something else.

o

If you did, the hood would be too small.

o

I was wondering about that weedmeister. I did see that in the hood specs it stated that a 1200 cfm fan motor could go in it. Builder is putting in the 600, so maybe in the future I could switch the motors out?

Thanks holly, I'll consider it, but the builder is charging an arm and leg for options so I think their mark up will be more.

o

Or, I could keep the 30" size, but change it out to a Bosch 800, a little while later. According to AJ Madison the Bosch has a cutout width of 28 15/16" and depth of 19 1/8".

The builder included KA has a cutout width of 29" and depth of 19", again according to AJ Madison.

Would that fit?

o

The issue with the hood isn't the CFM - it's the width. A 36" cooktop needs at least a 36" hood.

o

I just checked, it is a 36" hood.

Would the Bosch fit in the cutout for the KA? The dimmensions are above. Thanks

o

Bosch 30"w induction cooktop cutout is 28-3/4" x 20". Extra 1/4" depth probably not a big issue but you'll need to expand chop an inch of depth to make the Bosch fit.

Their gas 800 cooktop needs a 28 15/16" x 19 1/8". It may squeeze in to your existing hole.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here