Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
malba2366

Liebherr CBS2062

malba2366
9 years ago

We are looking at the Liebherr CBS 2062 fridge vs a SZ BI-36UFD. Did anyone compare these two? Anyone have any reviews of the Biofresh system in Liebherr....does it make a difference or is it just hype.
Also, Libber claims that due to the layout they have just as much space in their counter depth model as the standard depth french door would have, is this actually the case or is it again marketing.

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    9 years ago

The space message is true. If you look inside a Liebherr and a SZ you will see the difference Liebherr interiors are extremely simple, very boxy if you like.

The bio fresh really is a big plus. We tested it by putting strawberries from a super store in the bio fresh and eating them 14 days later. So yes it does work as indicated.

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

We have the Liebherr HCB1561 with Biofresh, and yes it does do a great job of keeping produce fresh! My wife and I compared it with the equivalent size S-Z at the same dealer displayed next to each other, which made direct comparison easy.
    We both liked the layout of the Liebherr better, the fact it was about $2k less was just a bonus, because we were prepared to spend for the S-Z, had we preferred it.
    We've had it coming up on 2 years now, and no problems, can hardly hear it running, it is so quiet. Makes cool little clear ice cubes too! Chris

• gtadross_gw
    9 years ago

Agreed with Trevor. I have that exact model and I love it. I too thought it was gonna be small. But it fits everything for a family of five.

The only thing I should mention is that I had my freezer ice up like a few people on this forum have mentioned. It was under warranty so it was fixed no problem. But the repairman explained that you have to make sure there are no little freezer baggies that get in the door when you're shutting it. If that happens, the seal won't be airtight and it lets in humidity that then turns to ice. Ever since then,I've been super careful about that and haven't had any issues with icing or otherwise.

• nycbluedevil
    9 years ago

We compared both of these and ended up with the SZ. First, I had a SZ in my prior kitchen and it never gave me a day of trouble. I felt comfortable with the brand and their customer service. I gave the old one away after 13 years when I remodeled. Second, the Liebherr was just too tall for me. I am short and the top shelf would be hard for me to reach. Third, the Liebherr just did not seem as well-built and as solid as the SZ. Fourth, my husband, who did not care about anything else In the new kitchen, absolutely hated the Liebherr. Go figure.

I love the SZ.

• sprtphntc7a
    9 years ago

i have the HCB 2062 for about 3 years and it has been flawless..
    super quiet, great layout for us and easy to clean....

yes the upper shelf is high but it is only difficult for me to reach the back of shelf, i'm 5'3", everyone else is fine... we put our big bottles up there and wine, so really its fine...

biofresh really does work...cucumbers last over a week, mine previous frig maybe 5 days...carrots, forever....celery, 2 weeks, romaine, 3 weeks, apples, oranges, lemons, limes, weeks...strawberries, 7-10 days, rasberries, a good week...
    really works and saves $$ in wasted food......

we did compare LB with SZ and liked both. we just couldn't justify almost $8 grand for a frig....our LB was around $5 G's and even that was alot for us, but we loved it and still do...for us it was so worth it....

one other thing, i just doesn't get as dirty and a regular frig, (top freezer)...i guess it doesn't pick up the floor dirt/dog hair etc like a reg. frig...its so easy to keep clean...& extremely quiet...

Not sure about the space issue...

• malba2366
    Original Author
    9 years ago

To those with the CBS 2062...are they made in Germany?
    Also, did you guys install with the anti tip bars? Mine is being placed in existing cabinets and if it is screwed into anti roll bars it will be impossible to get to for servicing.

• PRO
    9 years ago

you could put an anti tip bracket at the top of the unit. As you know Liebherr for the 36" units supply an anti tip that is floor mounted, but the 30" has a top mounted bracket.

The top mounted bracket is no more than a 90 degree angle piece of steel that fits fractionally above the top surface. same result different method.

• malba2366
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Trevor!! Are the 36 inch french door models made in Germany?

• PRO
    9 years ago

@malba2366.... the 36" units are made in Austria.

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

malba, the units are not "screwed into" the anti tip brackets, they simply slide over/under each other.
    I installed the floor bracket on my 30" fully integrated, and it can be slid out of the cabinet should it ever need servicing.

BTW mine was made in Austria as well.

• nadianyc
    9 years ago

I just purchased a Liebherr under counter beverage cooler and that was made in Austria as well.

• malba2366
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Do you have the CBS2016 free standing model? The installation manual for that model depicts a top anti tip bracket which screws into the fridge. This doesn't make much sense to me as how is someone supposed to get to that once the upper cabinet is in place?

Here is a link that might be useful: installation manual

• gtadross_gw
    9 years ago

I have the CBS2062 and I don't use an anti tip bracket. With the food all loaded in there, there's little to no risk of it tipping.