Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bksinaz

No reviews on Bosch 30" 800 Series Dual Fuel?

bksinaz
9 years ago

2 questions about the Bosch 30" 800 Series Dual Fuel Slide-in....

Why are there absolutly no reviews? Is this product out yet?

Comments (6)

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

It's only been out for a few months. Slide in ranges, especially dual fuel ones, are a niche product, so it will take a while for reviews to come. I think someone on here has a Benchmark dual fuel that should be pretty similar.

• Bumble123
    9 years ago

Hope the following helps.

Had Bosch Benchmark 30" Dual Fuel Slide -in installed week of November 3, 2014. Set oven to 350 and used oven thermometer to verify temperature. Oven/LED display indicated oven had successfully preheated.

After 1 hour oven thermometer indicated 330. At 1 hour & 20 minutes oven reached 375 degrees!?

Also LED display is warm to the touch, not dangerously so.

Service call scheduled for today. Will follow-up with technician's findings.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Not a fan of oven thermometers, they're woefully inaccurate and not a good way to judge calibration. Also, 25 degree temperature fluctuations from the set temperature are normal in any oven.

It's also normal for the keypad/display to be warm to the touch, especially at higher temperatures and prolonged operation.

Service call was probably not the best idea. You need to start by trusting the oven. Bake some stuff in it and let it operate as designed. Only if you are getting poor results should you call for service, and only after you follow the recommendations in your manual for calibration. There is a very high probability that the oven is operating normally, and if it is, the technician may decline your warranty and charge you the full service call fee.

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Thu, Nov 13, 14 at 12:51

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Hope the replacement works better, glad they covered the call. 10 degree swing is much tighter than average in my experience, must be a super precise oven.

• HerrDoktorProfessor
    9 years ago

There is a person over at Houzz (not sure if I can post a link) who has reviewed one and compares it favorably to his old capital precision.

I'm also considering the new Bosch ranges (800 and benchmark).

For me the choice seems to be coming down to the Bosch, Bluestar RCS, and the newly released Jenn-air slide in (see my thread about them, you might find them interesting).

There have been delays in the 800 series ranges. Retailers kept pushing back their availability. I wonder if they were/are working out kinks? I guess there are costs to early adoption of new products.

This post was edited by HerrDoktorProfessor on Sat, Nov 22, 14 at 6:59