Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kgyso

Miele self clean oven as easy to wipe down as Perfect Clean?

kgyso
16 years ago

Hi,

I have read some previous threads about the two options available for the Miele Ovens. I just want to confirm my understanding is correct. Perfect clean is coated so it wipes down easy with soap and water. Does the self clean wipe down just as easily?

There was some mention about hidden heading elements? Both have hidden oven elements so you don't have to wipe around them?

But the broiler element is exposed in perfect clean ( I didn't know if that is a good thing?). Versus self clean you can not access the broiler element?

Thanks for clarifying.

Comments (8)

• aprince
    16 years ago

Broiler element is exposed in both. Only difference is in what interior cavity is finished with.

• canuck99
    16 years ago

Opinions on which is better?

• rococogurl
    16 years ago

Prior to purchasing my oven I did a good deal of research including several conversations with Miele customer service. I was advised by them to go with the Perfect Clean over Self-Clean as a direct answer to the same question.

They told me the PC would wipe out well. My previous oven had self-clean and I had to spend a good deal of time cleaning it after the cycle -- the reason for my question.

The Miele wipes out very well. So do the racks and glides. I wiped it out today before reusing it after Thanksgiving.

Nothing goes into the dishwasher, however. I use Palmolive Dish soap and a microfiber cloth or a Dobie for anything stubborn.

It completely comes apart for cleaning, very easily. I've done that only once, after using the rotisserie for 2 chickens. If you use the rotisserie a lot you will need to do the take apart. Otherwise I haven't needed to take it apart fully, just do spots and wipe down the glides and racks.

Once in a while it calls for 500 degrees for 1 hour to clear the catalytic converter in the back -- I do this when it gets smelly.

The broiler coil unscrews and basically swings down so the plate above it can be cleaned. It's not difficult but must be done carefully.

The most difficult surfaces in the oven, strangely, are the lights. They get a good deal of spatter and need to be cleared.

I find the PC much easier than my previous self-cleaning oven. Cannot say how it compares to the Miele SC. I am happy not having an oven going to 900 degrees in a wood cabinet -- others like it. I haven't seen complaints.

I'm very pleased with the PC choice and recommend it. I don't regret not having gone with the SC at all. Never think about it.

• plllog
    16 years ago

Thanks! I needed that :)

• canuck99
    16 years ago

OK you selc clean Miele owners please supply another point of view or more Perfect Clean opinions?

• canuck99
    16 years ago

Thanks for the honest assessment. Hope some one that has a self clean says it works like a charm and then DW will be happier...

• peggross1
    16 years ago

I hate the major stink of my current self-clean range and opted for perfect clean on my as yet uninstalled Miele oven. Based my opinion on what I read here on GW and stopped thinking about it (until I saw your thread title, of course!)