Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE induction design change?

Posted by mmks (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 13:16

I trying to decide on which induction range to buy, I had been leaning toward the GE. They are now saying that they have changed their look, on the upside the price has come down but even that makes me nervous. None of the sales people seem to know much about any of them. I am also looking at Kitchenaid and Electrolux, mainly because I have actually been able to see them vs just going by pictures. Anyone been able to see the redesigned GE or have thoughts about the other two?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE induction design change?

I haven't seen the new Profile. I do have the old Profile induction and love it. I believe there was a thread started back in the spring about this, when info was scarce (more so than now), where one of the regulars that knows his stuff said the actual cooking specs seemed to be the same. Just a different look.

I know when I bought almost two years ago, in this price range the GE Profile and the Electrolux were considered to be the two best to chose from. I have seen the Elux in person, and it's blue oven is stunning.

I do not recall looking at the KA much, so I can't really comment on it. I know at the time, the Elux had an issue with the trim at the corners separating slightly and causing some clearance issues. It was a consistent thing among complaints and looked like it was starting on the floor model I saw, so I decided the GE would be my choice. I saw more of a scattered complaint pattern there, didn't seem to be the same type of consistent issue.

We love our Profile, it has been fantastic to use. No regrets.

o

Same here, I have the current GE Profile slide in induction range. I've had it since mid April 2013 - love it. We chose the GE over the Elux mainly because the oven is bigger.

The price may be coming down because there are more induction ranges out there, and as we all know, the longer technology is on the market, in general the prices do come down.

If you're nervous, get the current model - lots of history and most people I know are very happy with it.

o

I will have to see if they can still get the older model. Thanks for telling me of your experience.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here