Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
footwedgeko

Capital Culinarian rangetop?

footwedge
13 years ago

Has anyone purchased this? How do you like it snd how was the install?

TIA

Comments (18)

• billy_g
    13 years ago

I have the same question -- we've seen some ranges here but no cooktops.

Billy

• colin3
    13 years ago

Me too.

But given that Culinarian ranges are only now reaching customers and that promotional sites show no installed rangetops (right?), it's possible none have been made for sale yet.

Time for another look at Bluestar?

• scrofula
    13 years ago

I ordered the six burner rangetop. I spoke to Trevor today and I have a scheduled ship date of early next week. I will try to post after installation and let you know how it went. I'm new at posting on this site, but if someone tells me how to upload photos, I would be happy to do so.

• deeageaux
    13 years ago

I'm new at posting on this site, but if someone tells me how to upload photos, I would be happy to do so.

Here is a link that might be useful: Read Me IF You are New to GW

• athensmomof3
    13 years ago

Great - I am considering this. How does the price compare to the Wolf? Different animal I know but sold by the local appliance store and I am cooking on an old electric coil range, so either is an improvement!

• deeageaux
    13 years ago

How does the price compare to the Wolf?

About the same.

• footwedge
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Scrofula,
    I'm very interested in the install; in particular the material used for the 1x2 strip along the back wall shown in the installation details and the location of the utilities.

• salmon_slayer
    13 years ago

Footwedge,

the location of the electrical connections and gas are shown in the cutout. Make sure there is room behind your drawers. The gas fitting is about as far back as they can make it. That strip your seeing is interesting. Is it a part of the cabinet (nailing strip) or part of the counter or....

• footwedge
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Salmon_slayer,

There are 2 threads on this subject. See my post under the thread started by steelcfo. The details have been recently revised to show this.

• footwedge
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Scrofula,

Any updates on your range top?

• scrofula
    13 years ago

Nothing new. I don't expect to hear anything about the ship date until sometime this week. I will post once I have more news.

• vronicaday_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

how was the install on your range top? We are considering buying the 36" culinarian by Capital and are having a difficult time with the install drawings

• tdudnyk
    13 years ago

Holy cow! Talk about the run around. I'm building a custom kitchen. I bought the cook top 36 inches at least 6 weeks ago from AJ Madison. 13 days ago Capital told AJ Madison that I"d receive the cook top in 7-10 days. My builders are all waiting for the damn cook top before they'll begin the installation of my new kitchen and cabinets. NOW, Capital is telling AJ Madison that my cook top WON'T be on the new shipment to them. NOW, Capital won't even tell AJ Madison when I can receive it! I am livid and furious as I have to get my kitchen completed so I can pass inspection and move into my new home. The fact that this is being delivered late is bad, but giving AJ Madison and me the run around time and time again and now not even telling me when I will get it is absolutely bull____! Anyone wants to contact me (including Capital) go ahead. I"ll be happy to talk. Capital should simply state at the time of ordering that they have sold more of these than they can deliver in a reasonable amount of time. This way they don't infuriate customers who researched these products and drive them to air their dirty laundry like I am doing right now. If I treated my customers this way in my business I'd be on the curb. Do not buy from Capital. Could you imagine their customer service if something went wrong? OMG.

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    13 years ago

The true lead time is 8 - 10 weeks at the point of order, anyone says less is misleading you from the start. Having said that misinformation between capital and AJ if true is not acceptable.

• steelcfo
    13 years ago

tdudnyk - I have posted in the past on this issue as well. I ordered my 36" 6 burner rangetop (so nothing special or out of the norm) on December 3rd. I was told at that point 6 to 8 weeks. It is now over 16 weeks and still no word on delivery. It seems to me they are slow on production for everything but seem to be even slower on rangetops. Very little posting on people who have received rangetops, most of the activity seems to be the ranges.

What I find ridiculous is they keep coming out with more products (such as the Maestro line) and yet they can't produce what they have already sold (and been paid for in full).

The other thing I keep thinking of is the car I bought in 2008 from a manufacturer in England. When I placed my order I was provided a production number. I was able to go to their website and track my vehicle as to when production began and where it was in the factory. I knew when it went to the dock, when it was loaded on the ship and I could even track it across the ocean (through the carriers website) to its arrival at the US distribution center. With Capital, I can't even get them to tell me how many rangetops are in front of me so I know when it will be produced. At this point I find their method of doing business terrible and am deeply disappointed. Maybe it is time that those of us that are frustrated send up the warning flares on this company. It seems that we no longer hear anything from the owner anymore on this website. Mr. Kalsi, what say you?

• jsceva
    13 years ago

To be fair, steelcfo, the culinarian products were introduced more recently than the Maestro linen was even announced. (except maybe the warming drawer? is that new?)

That said, I deeply sympathize with your frustration. You should have been given honest info at the start.

Capital seems to make good products from a functional standpoint, but they really could improve some of their communication/pr/customer service skills...seems like Trevor picks up the slack for them a lot.

Off topic, they could also seriously use hiring a better (or any?) desiger to work on their aesthetics. It's one thing to stress "cooks not looks" and go for form-follows-function, Bluestar did/does that pretty successfully, but Capital is trying to bridge the gap and, imho, failing. Some of the details are nice, but the whole design just reads...odd. [off topic rant ends here...]

• surjitkalsi
    12 years ago

Dear tdudnyk and steelcfo,

First of all, we would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to purchase a Capital product for your home. Secondly, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your ordering
    process.

As you know, we recently launched our new Culinarian series - only officially and fully available to our entire dealer network as of mid-March. We have received incredible and overwhelming response from passionate people like yourselves who love to cook, and frankly, we didn't anticipate such immediate orders. We have been fulfilling orders in priority sequence, however, given the unique handcrafted nature of our product, delivery times have been longer to ensure each product meets our high quality standards. We are also taking aggressive steps towards
    increasing our production capabilities while maintaining the same quality control.

Let us assure you however that we are working very hard to meet your needs and the needs of other future Capital owners. The local distributor will be working with their dealer to try to expedite your delivery to the best of our ability.

Thank you so much!

- Surjit Kalsi, President & CEO, Capital Cooking Equipment

• steelcfo
    12 years ago

Mr. Kalsi,
    Thank you for the update. I have found out that my rangetop is enroute and should be delivered either today or tomorrow. I would still recommend that it would be nice if people could find out where they are in the production queue. That information is very critical in the building process (also helpful to those of us that are just remodeling as we are trying to get installers and such scheduled so we can minimize living without cooking capabilities). Again thank you for the update and am looking forward to actually seeing this product in person.