Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Bosch Dishwasher

Posted by mary2e (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 28, 13 at 12:54

My approx. 6 year old Bosch dishwasher, which I love, sometimes stops releasing the dishwashing detergent. I have a higher end model with, what I think, is the deluxe dispenser. It can be filled without bending down.

I've looked at the dispenser and there doesn't seem to be any dirt stuck in it. I also ran it with white vinegar in an attempt to make sure it's really clean.

Sometimes the door opens and sometimes it doesn't. I'm now setting a timer for 15 minutes to check.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? I hesitate to call an appliance repair person, since they charge $75 just to come to your house, stand in your kitchen, listen to a description of the problem, and then say "you need a part." All without touching anything. Yes, this has happened to me more than once.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Bosch Dishwasher

No specific suggestions except to decide up front that you need a new dispenser, have the repair place order it and show up at the first service call with the part in hand. I did that with a broken heater element in my KA DW and it worked out fine. The repair place told me that if I did it that way, I had to pay for the part whether or not it fixed the problem. I said fine, since it was obvious that the heater element was cracked in two.

You could also buy the part yourself and attempt to replace it yourself. I have no idea how easy that would be but you might be able to find youtube videos that show you how.
In my case, replacing the heating element was not straight forward - you had to take the bottom of the DW apart as well as the door, since the new heating element came with an updated control board that had to be replaced.

Good luck.

o

Depending on the cycle, the dispenser might not have opened even 15 minutes into the cycle. My Bosch can take up to 20 minutes before the detergent is released.

Here's a service manual for a dishwasher with a dispenser like the one your dishwasher has. Replacng the dispenser seems not too difficult. It also says on page 50 that you might just have to replace a spring.

http://elektrotanya.com/siemens_se25t250.pdf/download.html

Alex

o

I'm so sorry for the delay with my response. Thank you very much. I'll first try replacing it myself before calling for service. It does seem pretty easy to replace.

Again, my apologies for not responding sooner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here