Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arlocat

I was seduced

arlocat
9 years ago

Nine years ago I was seduced by the sleek style and sophistication of my Viking oven. He didn't deserve my affection and now we are parting ways.

I have a very simple and informal poll that I am posting on the Kitchen, Appliance and Cooking forums. I'd appreciate your help. I don't care if it is a built in or free standing oven.
I just want to keep this poll simple.

1. What brand of oven do you have?
2. How long have you had your oven?
3. How many times have you had your oven serviced?
4. Do you like your oven?

Comments (16)

• dodge59
    9 years ago

(1) Electrolux Icon
    (2) Eight years
    (3) It has never been serviced, (works great & still looks new). We don't self clean it!!
    (4) We Luv It !!!

Gary

• gigelus2k13
    9 years ago

How would you use the poll results? Unfortunately, when buying new appliances, the old finance disclaimer "past performance is not a guarantee of future returns" is fully applicable :-(

• sonny_h
    9 years ago

1) Whirlpool Gold series double convection wall ovens
    2) 2 years
    3) Never serviced - Performed self cleaning twice
    4) So far, so good. I know it hasn't been a long time, but so far, they work great.

• homepro01
    9 years ago

1. Miele H Series
    2. 6 years
    3. Once to fix the rotisserie motor. I run self cleaning twice a month if not more often.
    4. Love it. It is 27" and the rotisserie feature is great. I would only replace it for a side opening Gaggenau (my next favorite oven). I bake once a week mainly Breads and desserts. I also use the oven for meal preparation including rotisserie chicken, kebabs when I don't want to use the grill and vegetables.

Good luck!

• arlocat
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the input so far. I understand that products change but some are notoriously poor and the motto is buyer beware. I ignored the negative info with my Viking purchase and have regretted it ever since. Information can't hurt as long as it is used as one piece of the pie.

• dadoes
    9 years ago

1) GE Profile range
    2) 10 years
    3) No service
    4) Works nicely.

• stevep2005
    9 years ago

1. 30" Thermador - Double, Convection, electric
    2. Nine years
    3. Never serviced, no issues, heavily used, frequently both running at 525 for hours (two large pizza stones in each)
    4. Love them - would by again in a heartbeat. Love the cavernous capacity. Has a ton of automated features that I never use so that turns out not to be a selling feature for me. Used the probe only once - again, not into automated cooking. Preheats super fast. Use the warm and proof often. True convection (third heating element around the convection fan). Great, even cooking and temp control.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

1. KitchenAid KEHU309SSS01 convection/microwave/steam combo

2. 7 years

3. Never serviced

4. It's great

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Tue, Nov 25, 14 at 16:37

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

1. Electrolux EW30IS65JSD Induction range

2. 3. Never serviced

4. It's great as well

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    9 years ago

1. KitchenAid Architect II convection/regular
    2. Four months
    3. Never
    4. I love it

Above it is a KitchenAid Architect II microwave which we also love.

This post was edited by walnutcreek on Tue, Nov 25, 14 at 18:26

• surya55_gw
    9 years ago

1) GE Xtra Large 44
    2) 8 years
    3) No service
    4) Works great - cooking, baking, broiling- love it but I would get smooth surface oven next time; much easier to clean. Current oven self-cleans but I find myself cleaning it without running the self-clean feature too often.

• billy_g
    9 years ago

1) Electrolux Icon
    (2) Three and a half years
    (3) It has been serviced once -- our fault, we placed foil at the bottom of the oven and it caused the heating element to burn up. We don't self clean it.
    (4) It has been great and we enjoy it.

• compumom
    9 years ago

Thermador 27" double convection
    12 years
    3 times, but the only thing that broke was the broiler element. Replacement $150
    Works well, I have been self cleaning but on the advice of the recent repairman, I will not be doing that in the future. I will be purchasing the blue can of Easy Off as advised!

• rima_wa
    9 years ago

Wolf 30" double wall ovens
    11.5 years
    no service needed so far (and I have no enamel chipping either)
    Works excellently! I LOVE these ovens. I no longer use the self-clean as I have chipping anxiety. I would buy Wolf ovens again but the ones with the black interior so I don't have to worry about it.

• joeboldt
    9 years ago

1. Lacanche Cluny
    2. 10 yrs
    3. 0
    4. We love it.

• herring_maven
    9 years ago

1. Bosch convection wall oven (HBL 645 A UC)

2. 14-15 years

3. Once: but Bosch had an excuse. Just when we ordered our oven, Bosch had a complete flood-out (hurricane damage) of its then brand new U.S. manufacturing facility, so Bosch filled our order with a made-in-Italy unit. That oven had some electronic glitch in our first year of ownership, and was fixed at no cost to us under warranty; it never has needed service since then.

4. We would buy a Bosch wall oven again, no question.