Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problems with Fire Magic Grill digital display?

Posted by lqofhb (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 12 at 12:43

We are preparing to purchase a 36" built-in gas Fire Magic grill but have some concerns about potential problems with the digital display. It appears there have been numerous problems with the Eschelon electronics/display but have not heard much about the Aurora display. Anyone have feedback on this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problems with Fire Magic Grill digital display?

Haven't heard this. What kind of problems?

I'm also not sure I would care that much since there isn't much the display does that I would lose sleep over. The FM is a top of the line unit but the display is not its main feature.

o
RE: Problems with Fire Magic Grill digital display?

Thanks, weedmeister. Heard that the display on the echelon may get cloudy with humidity and the readout has been known to "streak" with lines through it. Since we live near the beach, that worries me. I agree - the readout isn't the main feature, but I'd be mad if my new grill was built-in and I had to look at a malfunctioning display or continually invest money in replacing/repairing the display after the year warranty expired. Sounds like they now have the option to order it without the front electronics so are probably going to try that version.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here