Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Range hood depth problem

Posted by lottesgarden (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 6, 10 at 12:03

OK, so I have a 30" Broan B30 range hood purchased at Lowes. My range is a 30" Bosch Evolution 700 series. On reviewing plans with the cabinetmaker, we've got a problem -- I'd planned on 16" deep uppers but the hood is made for 12" deep cabinets. I've looked around Google and the archives some and understand that a metal extender can be added to "bump out" the hood. Has anyone done this? How big a deal is it? Are there any other options for making it work? Picking another hood is an option but I really like the look of the B30 with my overall style (modern/European). Any advice is welcome ... thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Range hood depth problem

Take it back. Get one that is bigger.

o

I had the exact same problem this weekend which was install day. I just built out the hood the extra few inches to match up with the larger uppers. I think it looks fine and my wife didn't even notice and I don't think she ever will. I covered the hole at the back with a piece of Stainless steel.

R

o

Bumping it out to go with your 16" uppers is going to make the front of the hood come out 25.125" from the wall. I'd suggest mocking that up with cardboard or something, and make sure you are okay with that.

o

Regarding Broan B30, if you solved your cabinet depth problem, I am wondering how you like the range hood. We are thinking about purchasing this (also love the look) but can't find review anywhere. Hope to get your feedback - thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here