o
RE: cleaning American Range Performer

Bump

o

Dindin, I guess we are out of luck. :(

o

Just looked at one this weekend and it looked very easy. It's open burner, but has a pan under the burners that can hold about a quart of water. The pan is removable and dishwasher safe. I'm sold

o

Buy one and report back, please. :)

o

Have you looked at these sites and videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o1h_xwlCtc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K2DR2ub1sA

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/797110

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0816261823014.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg1119444030347.html

There are lots more discussions but, if you haven't already found these, they sholuld get you started,

This post was edited by JWVideo on Tue, Nov 26, 13 at 18:34

o

Thank you JW, I've seen those, but it would still be nice to get some feedback from the field. Fori,I definitely will report back after purchase, but it will be a while as we are just starting our build.

o

I shall also report. Ours will be installed right after Christmas. Ended up deciding to get what I wanted rather than a more budget choice, but ended up not spending much more money after all. Don't believe the prices you see on websites--lots of places will deal.

o

Palomaulo-While this goes against ALL of my Midwest values, would you share where you got yours and how much you saved? My email is gow1andrea@gmail.com if you'd rather not say here

o

Say the price here even if not the business name.

o

$3200 or $3300 (don't remember precisely) at AJ Madison. I also got a hood there. Their site now shows $3699.

o

Thanks. Fwiw I got a 36" 6 burner for 4399 (the old UMRP) after the mfg bumped the UMRP to 4999 this past July. It's always worth asking.

Still haven't cleaned it yet though sorry OP.

o

Golden I hope you love yours!

o

I finally have a report! I have not yet used the wok on it, but have been delighted with everything I have made. Regarding the cleaning, the black surface doesn't LOOK so different from the black surface on the Wolf AG (the burner pans) but it cleans like a dream! In time, I'll post a more detailed cooking review too.

o

I totally agree that the AR Performer is a snap to clean. Pull the grates off, wipe 'em down, and then wipe down the burner heads and pans. I use a microfiber cloth wet with mild dish soap. If you want to be really thorough, wash the pans in the sink or send them through the DW. Piece of cake!

o

Thanks for the update!

o

Just got my 36" LP Performer. I live 1/2 mile from the ocean and everything rusts very quickly, so I want to know about proper care of the burner heads and grates. Do they need to be seasoned and how should I do it? I had similar coated grates on my LG and they rusted and pitted in the first year. Should I be oiling this parts?

o

Here is a websight with video outlining the performer series unit and the difference between innovection and standard convection. It will also illustrate how easy the burners are to clean.

Here is a link that might be useful: authorized american range dealer and info on american range performer series innovection

o

Spam alert- This dealer is lying - and should not be advertising on this forum. Other brands convection work just the same. And Innovection is just a made up word- stop the sales hype!

o

Synergy451: Please stop dredging up old threads. If you have advice or input to offer on a current thread, feel free, but bumping up old threads where the original poster made their decision or gotten their question answered long ago is not helpful. Also, Gardenweb has a no advertising policy, which you are violating by linking to your website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Businesses Using the Forums

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here