Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pra12_gw

Need feedback on digital device in living room

pra12
10 years ago

Hello Folks,

I was hoping to get some of your valuable feedback - I've started to work on a "media frame" (like a photoframe size) which would sit on your mantle piece/on your study table/tv and wanted to get your thoughts on functionality/features. Basically it is a 10" LCD screen which will have the following functions:

1. Display photos which are linked to your personal picasa account (i.e. just like a digital picture frame). Any picture you take from any device and upload to picasa will be shown on the device.

2. Show reminder during morning and evening (the reminders are simple one liners which you would email to a special inbox that would show on the device - such as "remember to take document X to work")

3. Show the weather in full screen during the morning hours from 6am-8am (configurable timing) - includes high/low, as well as graph of todays forecast. Idea is that when you wake up you can see that.

4. Well defined structure so that people can extend it and show whatever information they want when they want.

Firstly, what do you think about this product? Do you think it is useful? If not, what would make it useful? I prefer to make something which is useful rather than push something which just has novelty value.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, PRA

Comments (4)