Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thoughts on ranges with double ovens

Posted by erhm (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 11:27

We are looking for a 30-inch gas range and I'm leaning toward the models that feature double ovens--would love the additional flexibility. But because they are newer I feel like there's not a lot of information out there. We like the look of the GE Cafe model, but it's expensive and got mediocre ratings from Consumer Reports. We're also considering the KitchenAid dual fuel model (which got good ratings from CR), and two other GE models--the Profile (not rated by CR) and a regular GE (model number JGB870SETSS, CR gave it slightly better ratings than the Cafe). Any other models we should be considering? Thoughts generally about the Cafe line and whether its worth paying more?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thoughts on ranges with double ovens

Double oven ranges may be newer in the US but they have been the common default type cooker in Europe for decades.
While living in England, I grew to love my double oven cooker so much that I could not live without one now. A GE Profile electric is what I have and cannot fault it. I cannot compare it either as its the only one I've used. It has far more features than I will ever use.

Good luck with your search.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here