Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lwlittle46_gw

Appliance Package for new house

lwlittle46
9 years ago

We have tentatively selected our appliance package for our new house which will be completed in the spring of next year. It includes 36" 6 burner Wolf Range, 48" Sub Zero Side by Side, Bosch DW and a GE Advantium in the pantry. WE went with the Wolf range for the duel fuel and to get the $1000 rebate from Wolf SZ otherwise we might have chosen a Bluestar. Really like the dual compressor in the SZ..I have heard nothing but favorable comments form people who have one. My biggest question is the Advantium and whether we would be better off with a small (27") oven and a microwave stack. WE use a small oven pretty frequently but want the larger one in the range for some things. Do any of the forum members out there use their Advantium for baking a lot vs. the microwave and reheat option ?

Comments (11)

• lwlittle46
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I should have asked if there are any recommendations for a good 27" range ?

• janesylvia
    9 years ago

May I know which Bosch dishwasher are you going to choose? Thanks.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

I use my advantium to bake casseroles (not reheat)

I seldom bake pastries but have done muffins and cookies.
    It doesn't bake as many cookies at a time.

Generally, when I bake, I use my larger Wolf.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

I would avoid the Wolf DF due to known issues with the blue enamel. Search past posts this forum for more info.

• lwlittle46
    Original Author
    9 years ago

After more research, I think we will lean to a seperate small oven and micro wave stack.

• malba2366
    9 years ago

lwittle...if you have the funds go for a combi steam oven. They are really versatile and great for 1 touch meal preparation. They are a little small, but with the big 36 inch you should be fine. Both Miele and Wolf make a great oven.

Also, if you want a Bluster go for that...with all the money you are spending don't compromise to get a rebate. The bluster RNB and Platinum are both more than $1000 cheaper than wolf DF...you'll have a gas oven but a good gas oven is perfectly fine for most people, and you get the bonus of having an infrared broiler. A lot of people feel that the open burner is better for cooking than the sealed burners on Wolf.

This post was edited by malba2366 on Sat, Nov 15, 14 at 18:42

• lwlittle46
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Any comments on Miele wall ovens and microwave ?

• lwlittle46
    Original Author
    9 years ago

janeslyvia..dw model is SHV8PT53UC

• lwlittle46
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good point on the Bluestar range. If I went with a BS 36" 6 burner that is actually my least expensive option. My only hesitance is the gas oven with no self clean which my wife would prefer.

• malba2366
    9 years ago

Miele ovens have good reviews...go for the combo steam oven, you'll love it once you get used to it! The microwaves for most high end appliance companies are made by a handful of third party companies (ie. sharp manufactures all drawer microwaves out there) so the only reason to go for a miele microwave would be for cosmetic purposes.

If you want self clean Capital Culinarian has a self cleaning gas oven, with outstanding build quality and the open burner. As far as I know prices are also lower than Wolf DF even considering the rebate. Capital company is owned by the gentleman who designed the original Viking range, so despite not being a as well known name as wolf they have significant experience in making cooking appliances.

• lwlittle46
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good point on the Bluestar range. If I went with a BS 36" 6 burner that is actually my least expensive option. My only hesitance is the gas oven with no self clean which my wife would prefer.