Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Freezer storage baskets

Posted by Bellsmom (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 17, 13 at 11:15

A recent thread on the Cooking forum about freezers got me thinking about organizing my large upright freezer. After a lengthy defrosting, I was determined to come up with a better way to organize the contents.

Right now wire baskets are the best idea I have found. I found a combination of two sizes on Amazon for a reasonable price. They are also available on the site below.

What do you use to organize an upright freezer? What do you think of these? (My main criticism is the wedge shape which wastes bottom area.)

Any suggestions and/or alternatives would be appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Set of two freezer baskets

This post was edited by Bellsmom on Sun, Nov 17, 13 at 18:43

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Freezer storage baskets

Before we moved, I had a much larger chest freezer and I used the wire bins/drawer type stuff from the closet store section at home depot or Menards.
Here, the freezer is smaller and the bins would not fit. I used 2 plastic bins (costco) that fit nearly perfectly. I ordered 2 more hanging wire bins from the freezer people (Haier).
I still need to organize it better.
Funnily enough, the big freezer was much easier to organize than this smaller one.

o
RE: Freezer storage baskets

Thank you, Wallycat.
I find that one of the frustrations is that most bins are too short--often only 12 inches long. That doesn't work well in an upright freezer.

Are the plastic bins you use solid or vented? Do solid sides and bottoms work in a freezer?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here