Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Feedback on Viking Combi Steam oven?

Posted by robilium (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 11:06

Hi everyone. I can't seem to find reviews or feedback anywhere on Vikings new combi steam oven. It says it does steam, convect, oven, and microwave. We will either get this plus a trim kit and a Viking single wall oven or a monogram advantium and a monogram single oven.

Anyone ever use one of these combi ovens

http://www.vikingrange.com/consumer/product/products/cooking/ovens/professional-series-ovens/specialty-ovens/combi-steam-convect-trade--oven---vcso

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Feedback on Viking Combi Steam oven?

I have the Viking combi steam 240 volt version that has been discontinued recently, models DCSO244 and VCSO244SS. It works great. There is not much in the way of instruction for the combi steam ovens, but Sharp makes a 120 volt, Thermador, Wolf, and Gaggenau make 240 volt models. You can use most of these like a conventional steamer to steam fish, shellfish, or veggies, or you can use it like a regular convection oven, or you can use both modes - which helps keeping foods moist. One of the things it does best is reheat - by adding moisture you can keep things from drying out. I would guess that the Viking VCSO will be a little slower as a convection oven, since it is only 120 volts, but the steamer should work quite well.

o

I bet sharp makes the Viking -- take a look at this feature comparison fom aj Madison -- http://www.ajmadison.com/product/compare/?skus[]=VCSO210SS&skus[]=AX1200

I wish for a micro / convection / steam oven in a drawer. Doesn't exist yet.

o

Just called to one of the local showrooms to inquire about it. Salesman didn't even know it existed, said it's not in his price book yet, and said it's a specialty item so he won't get one on the sales floor. Must be brand spanking new?

Looks like a good alternative to a steam oven. Beautiful appliance, too.

Please post if you get any additional info!

o

Madeline, if you can work with a 240 volt version, you might want to check around it see if you can find the discontinued version - some places were selling at half off - which is around $1,600

o

Thanks, Barry. I'm already wired for the 240 volts, so I'll look into it. I wonder why they discontinued the 240 volt version...? People seem to be really happy with it.

Also spoke to Wolf showroom salesman. Going in for a little demo on the Wolf steam convection oven in next couple weeks :)

Tks again

Madeline :)

o

My best friend bought this in Dec 2012, and had a lot of problems with it: uneven convection cooking, descaling issues, trays tipping if you pull them out 30% (the trays are floating, as opposed to "on glides"), and paint issues inside the oven. I don't know much more on this as I have a Miele, but I hope this helps! 8)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here