Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ice Cream Makers

Posted by grosswoman (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 10:57

I am looking to purchase an ice cream maker that has a built in freezer. Can anyone give me some in site as to brand names and ratings on some of the machines out there. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ice Cream Makers

I have a Simac Il Gelataio 1600 like the one I found on eBay linked below. I've owned a few different machines over the years and am happy with the Simac despite two cons.

1. The unit is very heavy. Combined with its size, it's awkward to move around. I don't have a spot large enough in my kitchen to dedicate just to the Simac so I can't store it on my counter. When I use it, it needs to be moved out of, and then back into, the garage.

2. The bowl isn't removable for cleaning. Some Simac models do have a removable bowl.

On the positive side, the thing is built like a tank. I can imagine it lasting for many more years to come. Ice cream comes out great every time, and it's incredibly easy to use.

Here is a link that might be useful: Simac 1600 on eBay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here