Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does the black porcelain also chip on the Wolf GR 304?

Posted by Avidcook9 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 9, 13 at 10:55

I'm thinking of buying a 30" Wolf 304 all gas range and have spent a considerable amount of time looking through many of the forums on this site. I'm concerned that I'll have the same problem with the black interior of the 304 oven. Has anyone had any similar issues or know of any issues with the black porcelain chipping as with the blue interior? I've looked at the interior of both styles and the black ones have what looks like a tray screwed onto the bottom (is this the liner some people are talking about?) There is a special offer on them (still a bit out of my price range but I like the simplicity of the appliance and the hope that it will last longer than 10 years). Thanks to all of you for posting such detailed information, it is much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does the black porcelain also chip on the Wolf GR 304?

We have the (slightly) older style Wolf AG range. Our oven floor was replaced a few years ago (excessive "tin canning"--flexing during oven use). It has screws like you describe, so I am guessing it can be replaced if needed.

If the porcelain is the same as ours, so far ours seems okay. Burnt on/baked in stuff that sometimes "flakes" off onto the sponge when I clean the oven (I've never been able to clean it off entirely), but it doesn't appear to be any of the porcelain itself flaking off.

o

I see no evidence of chipping in my oven which I bought early this year.

o

Thanks for your prompt replies. Cat_mom how old was your range when you got the oven floor replaced?

o

3 or 4 years I think.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here