Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pspand

Kenmore Elite "service" impossibly bad. Fair warning!

pspand
9 years ago

We bought a Kenmore Elite dishwasher just over one year ago. Great product. Quiet. Does a great job cleaning. Great design. Everything you expect from a top of the line ($1500) product. Except...

A part malfunctioned about 7 weeks ago and the run around we have experienced since that time is absolutely astounding. I hear that Sears is experiencing difficult times and will likely go out of business. I now can see why.

The parts are under warranty but not the service. So they sent a tech out to assess the issue. A new circuit board was needed. It was ordered and installed. The dishwasher failed again immediately (second use with new board.) We are now seven weeks in with no resolution. So here is my warning:

Sears "customer solutions" team has made it virtually impossible to get resolution on these issues. Average phone call is over one hour and they regularly disconnect while on hold. Sometimes they call back and sometimes they dont. Each service rep only gives their first name and no ID # so what one person says is different from the next but you have no way of receiving any continuity and no one will verify what previous conversations stated. Often they contradict one another! One service appointment was cancelled 3 hours after their appt. window and 2 other service appointments were kept but well outside of their 4 hour window. They are now saying the the tech that came 3 hours late last week improperly assessed the "unrepairable" status of the dishwasher and the assessment needs to happen again which will result in at least 2 more appointments and likely more before their is resolution. They do not have a way to escalate (no manager to speak to, no escalation process online, etc)

So, when it works, Kenmore Elite dishwasher is great. But DON'T BUY KENMORE ELITE PRODUCTS without knowing that they do not stand behind their products and seem perfectly content to wait out the customer until they buy another product. There are many options at the price points Kenmore Elite products sell for, I strongly recommend you look elsewhere.