Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Subzero 42" vs 48"

Posted by YuliaO (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 9, 13 at 10:25

Hello all...
i am planning our kitchen which has very limiting layout...I was going crazy trying to fit 48" fridge...But with 42" everything fits in perfectly....
Do you think 42" would be enough for a family of 5? Is it much smaller?

thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Subzero 42" vs 48"

This depends on you. My DW is capable of filling our 48-inch 632 plus another refrigerator in the basement, and we are a family of two. Maybe with teenagers yours will be scoured daily causing continuous space generation. Or you might consider an overflow refrigerator somewhere else. Flour storage, a week's worth of orange juice, or whatever other bulky stuff you want to keep cold can take a lot of space.

kas

o

In England 20 years ago 23 cu ft refrigeration would have been down right palatial.

In modern Costco shopping American suburbia it may simply not cut it.

It just depends on how you do your food shopping and how you eat.

o

We had a 42" SZ side by side for the entire time that my three kids were growing up. Plus we had an au pair, so we were six people all the time. The size was fine. Very rarely did I need more space and we used to make really big costco runs. The only thing I didn't like was the narrow freezer but the fridge itself had plenty of room.

o

Evidently, nycbluedevil's Costco runs are nowhere near as big as mine or my two sister's families. Or any of my friends that I know.

Two gallons of milk, two cartons of orange juice, pack of rib-eye steaks,6 pack of chicken thighs, 40 pack of cola etc etc from my Costco runs do not fit in 42" SZ. Extra fridge in garage and/or extra chest freezer.

o

Big D - those costco runs of yours aren't gonna fit is a 48" fridge either !

o

I just went to look at appliances this afternoon thinking a 48" would fit the bill. I think the spaciousness and set up for the 36" Bottom freezer may be more effective for storing everything. I haven't compared cubic feet. Just layout.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here