Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Advice for cleaning white ceramic stove top

Posted by caydance (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 17, 13 at 10:11

I find it difficult to keep looking nice. I had black before and it was easier. Any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Advice for cleaning white ceramic stove top

Ceramic? as in radiant electric (or maybe induction) smoothtop? Tried the cleaning creams like Ceramabryte?

Or as in porcelain (painted) finish on a gas stove or coil electric? Tried Barkeeper's Friend?

o

In the past I've found Whink to be far superior to Ceramabryte and Weimans. I'm having a heck of a time keeping my new range clean relative to my old cooktop (both black) and this thread prompted me to buy Whink online since it's no longer available to me locally that I know of. Should be delivered by mid week after which I'll report back. Overall it gets good reviews on Amazon with several people saying it's better than other products, so I'm keeping fingers crossed.

o

Whatever stove top cleaner you use, get a razor blade scraper. I find that I can scrape off most of the heavy stuff and wipe that up with a paper towel. Then I add the cleaner and try scraping it across the stains. Finally I polish up the last stuff with a dry paper towel (we use Bounty).

o

My Amazon order for Whink came in. Here goes - after using a razor blade and then three aggressive applications of Weiman:

o

And after one additional application of Whink:

This post was edited by foodonastump on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 12:01

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here