Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
aeg vs LIEBHERR chest freezer ? ( Storage time during malfunction

Posted by epsa (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 9:57

hi everybody, i'd like some expert opinion or user opinion if its possible in order to choose between two chest freezers.
the one is AEG A82700HLW0 website from manufacturer > http://www.aeg.co.za/Products/Cooling/Freestanding/Freezers/A83400HLW0 . and the other one is liebherr 3032-20 manufacturer website > http://www.liebherr.com/HG/en-GB/region-CH/products_hg.wfw/id-650069-0_38939-0
currently i have both at home and i must return one of them. bought the aeg first but it formed ice where the lock was. the maintenance person played with the cover door and made thing worse. now the walls start forming ice as well half height from the top.
called the store and said i want a replacement. so i choose liebherr because it has no lock.
my main questions are
1) the aeg claims 45 hours Storage time during malfunctions. the cover door is 11cm thick and the walls are 10cm thick. the liebherr on the other hand claims 65 hours Storage time during malfunctions but the cover door is 7cm thick and the walls are 7cm thick as well. how can the aeg which has thicker walls claim less storage time during malfunctions while the liebherr with thiner walls claim linger time ? do you know if they use different insulation material ?
2) the aeg has a monitor on the handle to control temp while the liebherr has mechanical controls on the handle. do you think the electronic controls of the aeg would be more accurate ?
thanks for your time

This post was edited by epsa on Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 3:45

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: aeg vs LIEBHERR chest freezer ? ( Storage time during malfunc

Why refer to a web site in South Africa if you live in UK?

o

complicated.
cause i live in the uk but it was the only english speaking website i could find the freezer in. also its destined for my house abroad, in a distant place called greece, and if i posted the following you wouldnt understand a thing. http://www.aeg.com.gr/Products/%CE%A8%CE%A5%CE%9E%CE%97/%CE%91%CE%9D%CE%95%CE%9E%CE%91%CE%A1%CE%A4%CE%97%CE%A4%CE%97_%CE%A8%CE%A5%CE%9E%CE%97/%CE%9F%CF%81%CE%B9%CE%B6%CF%8C%CE%BD%CF%84%CE%B9%CE%BF%CE%B9_%CE%BA%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%B1%CF%88%CF%8D%CE%BA%CF%84%CE%B5%CF%82/A82700HLW0

o

oh. that is complicated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here