Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
36" CD FD Fridge? liebherr or Thermador?

Posted by gothaml (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 3, 13 at 9:20

I am almost ready to order appliances and when I asked our local dealer if he had any feedback on my selections and he said I may want to consider the Thermador fridge over my Liebherr selection: fully integrated, counter depth french door.

What does GW think?

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 36" CD FD Fridge? liebherr or Thermador?

What was his reason for the suggestion? We recently bought a cd built in Thermador, but haven't received it yet (it's in the warehouse waiting for us). We chose the Thermador over more expensive lines based on price (we also liked the look and finish and layout of the Thermador) and over the Liebherr because I didn't like the aesthetics of the Liebherr door shelves (obviously that's a very personal decision).

o

He said the drawers and other interior finishes were better quality. He didn't say that there was a huge performance difference. I saw the Thermador 30" single door bottom freezer on the floor as well as the exact liebherr model so I am having a hard time doing an apples to apples comparison.

o

Does anyone have the Liebherr or Thermador?

o

You should check out the reviews of Liebherr on Amazon before you go that way. I loved the lower price, but just too many complaints out there for me to take the plunge, so we shelled out for the Sub-zero instead.

o

I have the 36" non FD Thermador. Love it. Great build quality, dual compressors, huge hinges, good storage, lighting and ergonomics. etc. I liked it better than the SZ at the time. So far (1.5 years) it's been great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here