Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have a Tradewind hood insert liner?

Posted by Texasgal47 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 9:18

I'm considering their less expensive 400 Designer series in a 30 inch width. It has baffles which are hard to find at this price point. However, their stainless steel is 24 gauge over galvanized steel vs 22 g. SS for a Fantech insert I'm cosidering. The Fantech has mesh filters. Any help would be appreciated since I'm not a technical person.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have a Tradewind hood insert liner?

While waiting for a response, I called Trade-wind. Mike, their technical person was helpful and provided info that they use 304 SS which I believe is the recommended cadmium to nickel ratio so the hood shouldn't rust. I was surprised when he informed me that they could manufacture my insert with a 6" vent, rather than their standard 8", at no additional cost to meet my specification.

o

Meshes work by direct impingement; baffles by centrifugal impingement. Baffles will continue to work when dirty, while meshes will progressively restrict air flow. Clean meshes, however, should be effective.

Only commercial filters have published performance data (percent of particulates collected as a function of size), in my experience, so it is hard to quantitatively compare performance of two residential designs.

kas

o

Trailrunner has a tradewind hood I think and has posted positive reviews here several times.

o

Thank you kas and lalitha. Tradewind is still my first choice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here