Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
subzero fridge stuck on 55

Posted by dep378 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 8:55

I bought a used 700TR fridge & it's been in storage about a month & I just installed it & it's stuck on 55. I can scroll thru the zones, but the colder/warmer buttons won't work. The freezer & wine cooler work fine, but not the fridge. If I double tap zone button, it will show 34 & flash the zone, but after a few seconds, it reverts back to 55 or sometimes if I hit colder/warmer button, it will adjust, but after a few degrees, it just shows 2 dashes. No temp. Then double tap again & the light flickers & it shows 55 again. It's cooling @ 55 & I tried the breaker. No luck. Anyone have this issue? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: subzero fridge stuck on 55

Call Subzero. They have great customer service.

o
RE: subzero fridge stuck on 55

I agree with sue, call SZ, they can walk you through different procedures.

Mine was a floor model, stuck on 74 when we plugged it in. Everyone thought it was on showroom mode. But after doing everything they told us, they had to send someone out. Turned out there was a slow leak. Ours was fully covered by the warranty...they had to replace EVERYTHING in it. Essentially we ended up with a fridge with brand new guts. Hopefully you will find that they can just walk you through some steps.

They also will look up the history for you when you give them the serial number. They can tell if anything has been worked on previously.

Good Luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here