Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
15"-wide stainless wine fridge recommendations?

Posted by mcfromct (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 24, 12 at 8:44

Can anyone recommend a 15" slide-in stainless wine fridge? We do not need one larger than that. Some reviews say they are loud so that's something I would like to stay away from. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 15"-wide stainless wine fridge recommendations?

The sound from my Perlick Signature 15-inch wine reserve is almost imperceptible (at least with a functioning fan-cooled computer tower in the same room).

Pluses:

o Nice stainless steel inside and out (the racks are black).
o Keeps constant temperature.
o Holds 20 bottles in five racks.
o Can be built-in (accepts wood panel on door, also there is a glass door option).
o Door can be ordered opening either right or left.
o (With a few hinge parts, door can be changed to open in the other direction if the need occurs.)
o Beyond a certain amount of opening, the door stays open; when partly closed, the door closes the rest of the way.
o Customer service is responsive.

Minuses:

o Cost is high
o Rear levelers can only be adjusted with access to the rear, making leveling in a cabinet space on irregular floors a somewhat tedious pull, adjust, push, measure exercise. (A system like SubZero uses would have been helpful.)
o Door should be removed along with the racks for initial positioning and leveling to minimize moving weight and potential damage.
o At the time I installed mine, I could see that the installation manual could have used some professional help in its writing.

Note 1: When mixed into a series of floor cabinets, the cabinets must be properly perpendicular to their line of faces (not racked and not skewed to the wall) in order for the unit to align the door panel correctly with the other doors and provide clearance for the door to open.

Note 2: Wine rack gliders are not the same as refrigerator rack gliders, so if both are present with a set of units, do not mix them up when removed. They almost work, so it is difficult at first to see why the nice glide has gone.

kas

o
RE: 15"-wide stainless wine fridge recommendations?

Bumping to see if there's more out there!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here