Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Monogram Line - Do you like yours?

Posted by AlizaKalton (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 4:30

Hello!
We are putting in a totally new kitchen and are thinking about installing ALL GE monogram appliances (oven, fridge, dishwasher,microwave). Has anyone has positive or negative experiences?

Thank you,
Aliza

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Monogram Line - Do you like yours?

I like my convection oven. There have been some criticisms about the eveness of cooking, but I haven't found that to be a problem. I like the fact that all of the racks are glide out and you can leave them in when using the oven in clean mode. The only minor criticism I have is I wish you could turn on the overn light without turning on the oven. It's nice when you're keeping stuff warm to be able to see it w/o having to have the heat on.

o

I have the monogram Advantium 240 and love it. I don't have the other GE appliances.

o

My wife has the 48" side by side and the under counter wine fridge. Both have been good, 12 years so far.

o

I had a Monogram hood for a while. I liked it. I think it was a rebadged import: http://appliances.monogram.com/ApplProducts/ZV800SJSS

o

We have a GE Monogram 36" 6-burner range and an Advantium oven. Love them both. The Advantium is super easy to use, it is a microwave, speed cook oven and also has a convection bake function. The range is all gas, the oven bakes very evenly, it has two glide out shelves and a regular rack. The burners can simmer really low. My only complaint is I wish one of the burners was smaller for smaller pots and pans. They put out a lot of heat which I feel when stirring. They've been installed 4 months so I haven't used all the functions yet. So far I am very happy with our choice.

o

Similar to meek95, we have a GE Mono DF range and 240V Advantium wall oven. Cooking is awesome, but avoided the DW, hood, and so far the fridge as well. Love them, even the burners. Contrary to posted opinions, the burners have performed well; low simmer, boils water super fast, cleans up easy, cooked a 30 pound turkey in the range. Oh, and the lemon or the white chocolate and raspberry compote soufflés.....,

o

Thanks so much for all the info - so glad to hear people like the GE Monogram. I've been trying to decide between this and the KitchenAid - mostly a $ factor. Hoping it all works out to go for the Monogram!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here