Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mattyke

Are tabletop fridges less noisy than their bigger counterparts?

Mattyke
9 years ago

I couldn't find much information on the web about this, or i just wasn't looking well enough.
Basicly we live in a studio appartment currently and we needed a new fridge, decided to get a bigger one this time around, first a liebherr, then a siemens, but both were so noisy it is driving me bananas!
It's not so much about the volume, one was rated at 40dB, the second at 38dB, but the sharp high pitched 'rattle' noise they make, almost as if there's a family of crickets inside the compressor.

We used to have a tabletop (85cm H) fridge that was 42dB, but the noises that one made were a lot more acceptable.

Now as a last resort, because all of this is really taking a toll on me, i've been thinking about replacing the current siemens one again (if they'll allow me at least) for a tabletop one, simply because i cannot handle the noise and i don't want to risk it a third time.
I'm wondering though, are tabletops guaranteed to make less noise? do they have smaller compressors? because if the compressor size is the same as their taller counterparts then the chances of getting too much noise is going to be too high. :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as i'm at about my wits end about this right now.

Comment (1)