Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Confused about New Bosch Dishwashers Made in the USA

Posted by nerdyshopper (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 9, 13 at 2:03

I have read of new models that were brought out this year with more capacity than the original 800 plus models that are made in Germany, but when I went to their site I could not find them. Only the German 800 plus models that have been around for a year or more. I tried to check dealers but when I did a search for one that I thought existed (SHE68E15UC) I was told that it was an older model that was replaced by the top of the line German models. Does anyone here know which models are the new three rack models made in the USA?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Confused about New Bosch Dishwashers Made in the USA

Look in link.

I think the 16 place setting models(cheaper) are made in the USA with slightly higher dBA rating.

The 15 place setting models with a 39 dBA rating are the German made models.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

o
RE: Confused about New Bosch Dishwashers Made in the USA

Correct.

38 or 39 dBA top of the line models are imported from Germany still use the shallower tub. Besides the very slight extra quietness, the only extra feature I'm aware of that the US-built, deep-tub 40 dBA "800+" models don't have is pegs on the bottom rack that allow every second peg to be folded down, not just all at once. Nice feature, but not worth the extra $400 to me.

The low-end Ascentia DWs with the plastic tub bottom also still have the shallow tubs. Everything else uses the new deeper (front to back) tub and racks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here