Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanlave

HELP me pick out a convection oven !!

Susanlave
11 years ago

I am DESPERATELY trying to find an electric convection single wall oven that has good reviews from owners. I have searched several brands (KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Electrolux, Frigidaire, GE) and people are saying the same things about them. The electronics "fry" after using the self cleaning feature. (The KitchenAid has the additional feature of the oven door glass shattering into a million pieces!!) There seems to be a real problem with the ovens getting too hot for the electronics to handle and the companies are not admitting to a problem even after tons of common complaints. I do not want to deal with a company that treats their customers badly. I was leaning toward the Whirlpool WOS92ECOAE, which has a "steam clean" option that uses less heat for a self clean option, but after reading complaints from many others that use the "high" heat self clean option and having trouble afterward with their electronics, I am scared of that brand. They are also saying the Whirlpool treats customers with complaints badly. I have a remodel that is starting soon and I am getting nowhere on picking out an oven. The cabinet maker wants model numbers soon. HELP!!!!

Comments (2)