Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bluestar warped grate??

Posted by loafer80 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 23:39

So we have had a RCS36" for a few months now. It is really a delight to cook with it, we have been able to make better food stove top and roasting in the oven.

Today we noticed one of the inner grate was not sitting tight as it was, and has warped. I presume this is due to the high heat.

We tried searching it on the forum or on internet, but nothing came up except one post here that mention of warped inner, and they used JB weld as filler to raise the warped ends. Unlike the outer bowl grate, there is not screw adjustment for the inner grates. We are wondering if it is typical for the inner grate to warp with normal use.

Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bluestar warped grate??

We've had our Bluestar 36 6 burner RNB for 3 years and haven't had any warping problems.
The grates are made of cast iron and, as far as I know, cast iron doesn't warp until it gets to some very high temps. Higher than the range is capable of producing.
You may want to contact Bluestar to see if they'll send a replacement.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here