Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Home - Kitchen Appliance Brands Help

Posted by newhousehelp123 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 23:15

We are building a new home and have looked at Jenn-Air, Kitchenaid, Electrolux, and Viking D3 series. All were recommended for us to look at per the appliance salesman. Are there any other brands we should be considering and what are the plus and minus off each brand? Also, do most people buy from one brand to package in the rebate and get matching handles or do most pick and choose from different brands? I would say we are not looking for top of the line like, but would like to also get a general idea for brand hierarchy and performance features and reliability we should be looking for. Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Home - Kitchen Appliance Brands Help

I was recently looking at all those brands for my new home. I ended up going with a Viking D3 range, fridge and dishwasher. Partially for the rebates, partially for the matching and most of all because I loved the range. Great features and it is gorgeous. Beyond that the Viking D3 has a better warranty than the rest and I negotiated an extension to 5 years from the dealer for $175 for all 3 appliances. Also free delivery and install. The fridge is the same same as the jenn air and kitchenaid. Just different handles. The only iffy thing is the dishwasher. I am sure I could do better by buying a Bosch or Miele but with the 5 year warranty I think I am taking a safe risk on the Viking. Still need a range hood but I dont think I will go with Viking on that.

o
RE: New Home - Kitchen Appliance Brands Help

Tell me about the d3 range . I need to make a decision between the d3 dual fuel and an all gas pro model. Are you happy with the performance? Anything you don't like? Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here