Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Cafe Burner Problems

Posted by tannie88 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 22:56

Hi everyone. I have the GE Cafe 30" slide in gas range with baking drawer. I have used it for about a year and a half with no problems and am generally really happy with the performance. Recently, my front right burner (the biggest one) started acting wacky. Basically it doesn't work on any setting below medium. I think it is the top part of the burner that doesn't work. Has anyone experienced this problem? Is it an easy fix? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Cafe Burner Problems

When's the last time you cleaned the burners?

o

I actually clean them all the time. Now that you mention it though, when I take off the burner piece, I can see some baking soda inside from when I was trying to get some stains off a while ago. I don't know how to get in there though? Could this be causing the problem?

o

Can you find some old-fashioned pipe cleaners? If not, try a bening a large paper clip and using the end to ream out the ports on the burner. Another thing that may work is canned air with one of the red straw-like nozzles. ("Dust--off" is the brand sold at out local Costco -- you find in the computer section.) A toothbrush might work, as well.

o

Very likely is th problem. ALso can be caused by water being trapped in the porst, too.

Can you find some old-fashioned pipe cleaners? If not, try a bending a large paper clip and using the end to ream out the ports on the burner. Another thing that may work is canned air with one of the red straw-like nozzles. ("Dust-off" is the brand sold at out local Costco -- you find in the computer section.) A toothbrush might work, as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here