Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BOSCH gas range to buy or not to buy

Posted by runningamuck (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 11, 13 at 22:42

We are looking for a new gas range in a mid-range price. The more I search the more confused I get. There seems to be pros and cons for all of the brands. I would like a convection oven and a warming drawer. It has been difficult to find information about the BOSCH ranges. I heard the ranges in Canada are not made in Germany rather are made in North America. We are considering a BOSCH gas range (HGS7052UC). Can you help us decide if we should go with the BOSCH? Appreciate your comments. Thank you.
PS: Also looked at Kitchen Aid KGSS907SSS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BOSCH gas range to buy or not to buy

"I heard the ranges in Canada are not made in Germany rather are made in North America."

AFAIK only the top of line Bosch 800+ dishwashers ,built-in coffee, and euro-size laundry sold in North America is made in Germany. Everything else is "engineered in Germany, American value" or some other marketing mumbo jumbo. Free standing refrigerators are made in Mexico and built-in refrigeration is made in Turkey.

In the sub $2k class I would look at GE, Frigidaire, and Bosch. Bosch only makes the 700 series gas ranges the lower priced ones are made by Frigidaire for Bosch.

o

I have the Bosch HDI7282U and I am very happy with it. I love the warming drawer and ma very happy I went with the black glass cooktop instead of stainless. It is a breeze to keep clean.

o

Thank you for the information. I will look into GE, apparently they have new ranges in the 900 series (PCGS910 priced at $2799.00 and PCGS920 has a warming drawer) that are just coming out. That is getting a little pricey. I prefer a slide-in range. I like the minimalist look.

o

Now you are getting to the price of a true pro-style range.

You can get an American Range Performer Series with commercial type 25k btu open burners and a 12k btu open simmer burner. And a dual-convection oven that takes full size commercial baking sheets.

$3134.05 delivered to your door OBO. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK to AR Perfomer Series

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here