Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michaeldean_gw

Help my first large appliance purschases

michaeldean
10 years ago

I'm glad I stumbled across this forum in my studying and research for kitchen appliances. At this point my initial excitement has been replaced by an overwhelmed feeling. I have tried searching the forum so I apologize if this has been discussed. I found similar posts but for much larger budgets than mine.

Background info: I just purchased my first home, and close 10/15. It has no appliances, so I will need to buy fairly quick. My budget is $2,500 to $4,000, maybe $5,000 if it was an "OMG I have to have it case." The home is a large town home that I plan on living in for about 5 years, after that I plan on using it as a rental and the appliances would stay. Before I came across this forum I was looking at brand packages, I see most are against that here. My question is in my price range I'm not building my dream kitchen, could a package deal be alright? Best buy has an LG one I like, and lows has a whirlpool one that looks good.

Needs:
Refrigerator
Range(all electric home, thinking induction is out of my range)
dishwasher
over the range microwave oven

I pretty positive I want to go with all stainless and a fridge with on the door water and ice dispenser.

Places I've looked so far Best Buy (10% off per item over $399). Lowes (same deal as Best Buy) Sears (25% off if I buy all 4 appliances from them online, many brands are excluded, basically limited to kenmore)

I also have a Sams membership but haven't made it in to check them out. Has anybody ever shopped for appliances here?

Thanks for any help, insight, or warnings guys. I feel like I'm deciding blind at this point.

Comments (2)