Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help my first large appliance purschases

Posted by michaeldean (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 10, 13 at 22:27

I'm glad I stumbled across this forum in my studying and research for kitchen appliances. At this point my initial excitement has been replaced by an overwhelmed feeling. I have tried searching the forum so I apologize if this has been discussed. I found similar posts but for much larger budgets than mine.

Background info: I just purchased my first home, and close 10/15. It has no appliances, so I will need to buy fairly quick. My budget is $2,500 to $4,000, maybe $5,000 if it was an "OMG I have to have it case." The home is a large town home that I plan on living in for about 5 years, after that I plan on using it as a rental and the appliances would stay. Before I came across this forum I was looking at brand packages, I see most are against that here. My question is in my price range I'm not building my dream kitchen, could a package deal be alright? Best buy has an LG one I like, and lows has a whirlpool one that looks good.

Needs:
Refrigerator
Range(all electric home, thinking induction is out of my range)
dishwasher
over the range microwave oven

I pretty positive I want to go with all stainless and a fridge with on the door water and ice dispenser.

Places I've looked so far Best Buy (10% off per item over $399). Lowes (same deal as Best Buy) Sears (25% off if I buy all 4 appliances from them online, many brands are excluded, basically limited to kenmore)

I also have a Sams membership but haven't made it in to check them out. Has anybody ever shopped for appliances here?

Thanks for any help, insight, or warnings guys. I feel like I'm deciding blind at this point.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help my first large appliance purschases

This is a link to current rebate offers. You may be able to get your 10% off plus a rebate. http://www.us-appliance.com/rebates.html#.UldmJCQ2-0c

o
RE: Help my first large appliance purschases

I just went through this. I started by going with a (Whirlpool) package through Costco. then based on reading this forum, and a sale I went with a NXR range, which broke up the package.

I still went with the Whirlpool dishwasher, but realized the refrigerator wouldn't fit in my 33" location, so we ended up shopping around. We ended at Best Buy who had decent pricing, but the LG my wife chose was not available in a reasonable time, so now we are going with a Samsung french door.

I guess my point would be that the process is fluid, and could be ever changing. A package would be nice if you could get them all delivered at once. That was the biggest issue that I have experienced is scheduling 4 different deliveries on multiple days, and never (ever ever) having the delivery truck show up within the appointment window.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here