Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
range+micro oven, range top+micro, fridge...Please help!

Posted by YuliaO (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 21:55

Hello!
I've been reading the forum a lot, but it's my first time posting...
I have a dilemma :)
So i am planning my new kitchen (new construction house)...It's not big, so saving space is essential...But i also want to get the best "package" of appliances.
Here are my choices

Get a 36 inch Wolf cooktop (or rangetop?)+42 inch Subzero fridge+ 30 inch oven+microwave and steam oven(in high cabinet)
or
36" Wolf range, then maybe i'd be able to fit 48" SubZero, and get 24" microwave and steam oven into 24" high cabinet
i could also get microwave drawer and then high cabinet would only have steam oven and plenty of storage...

What would you choose? What appliances work best?
I also would like your opinion on range top vs cooktop...

Thank you!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: range+micro oven, range top+micro, fridge...Please help!

i think i should provide a bit more information :)

We are a family of 5, cook a lot, spend a lot of time on the kitchen, and we love entertaining guests :)
In our "old" house we have Miele cooktop(electric), and Miele oven. I don't think i ever used gas for cooking...So a bit worried but excited :))

o

I don't think the Wolf Steam oven can fit in anything smaller than a 27" cabinet, but I could be wrong.

Also, if you are going to try and stack a 30" oven, microwave and steam oven all in the same cabinet I would not put the steam oven at the top of that stack, it would not work as the door flips down on it, now out.

You would need to do the stack with the microwave on top.

Phil

o

Okay if it's not such a big place, you can consider how import is a 48in frig?
If you foresee any back or knee problems, a wall oven is a better option. The microwave can be a drawer micro. Looking at both cooktop and rangetop. It all depends what style you like. In a cooktop your countertop is cut and all your knobs are on top. So it's right next to hot pots and pans. In the rangetop all knobs are in front away from the pots. Plus it's a nice look!
You will enjoy cooking with gas. Ask your electrician what can go together.
Subzero 36-42 frig, 36 Rangetop, Wall Oven, Speed/Steam Oven, microwave drawer. IMHO, if your going Subzero for the frig, I would not do a cooktop.

o

Thank you all for your input!
I think i'll go with a range top...Would it look ok on a contemporary style kitchen?
I am not sure if we need 48" subzero, i never had counter depth refrigerator...I am just worried 42" is too narrow, being side-by-side. Plus, the price difference is "just" $400 i think...

should i go with miele or wolf oven and steam oven ?
Every sales representative tells me a different thing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here