Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
36" Integrated fridge/freezer - feedback please

Posted by Joy314 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 21:40

We are looking at 36" integrated fridge/freezers. I am looking for feedback as I am afraid they are too narrow (front to back) and will not hold enough for when we have large parties, etc. Any feedback pro/cons appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 36" Integrated fridge/freezer - feedback please

How often do you have parties ?

Just how many guests do you have ?

Where do you live - suburb of major city or the boonies, 32 miles from a fully stocked grocery store ?

What do you have now? Does it meet your needs ?

o

Parties are a couple times a year for 50-70 people. We live in the northeast, 10-15 minutes away from the grocery store. We are building so we want to look at all our options. If you have any suggestions - even non-integrated - I would love to hear it. Thanks!

o

i agree with you, the built ins are more shallow and also gave me pause (we are looking at both counter depth and built ins but both have the same issues). you might want to look at counter depths also as they have slightly more cubic feet of space. will you have a second fridge elsewhere? we will probably have one in the garage so that alleviates some of the issues as far as food storage for parties and such.

o

We have been living with SubZero integrated fridges for over 15 years (first a 42" side by side and now the 36" French door). During most of the time, we were a household with three kids and a live-in au pair, so three adults and three kids. And we entertained frequently. Storage was never a problem, except with the side by side, when platters became an issue, but that was a width issue, NOT a depth issue. With the new over-under, the fridge is a no-brainer. It holds a lot of food. The freezer is a bit small but we are getting a chest freezer for the overflow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here