Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gas Ranges and grates

Posted by COLN (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 21:07

Finally my gas range is about to be replaced. Consumers Reports is of zero help as they don't mention cleanability on any item. The grates are my pet peeve. The painted grey ones are impossible to clean and over the past three years I have had to resort to pumice stone and then sandpaper!! I was told by a sales person that the grey ones are always that way and I should consider a range with the heavy black grates. So last week in looking at a $1200 range with black grates, I decided on a small test. Using just my fingernail, I traced a short line on the grate. Guess what that "black" comes right off. Does anyone own a range that has a really hard endurable surface on the grates? Something that just wipes anything off?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gas Ranges and grates

You could look at open burner ranges and range tops like Blue Star and CC. They are made of cast iron and are very easy to clean, at least in my opinion.

But the price on these types of ranges and range tops tends to be a bit on the high end as they are higher end appliances.

Phil

o

Read the many posts here about the wonderful clean ability of induction. Read the page one thread ,yay or nay, and especially the links in that thread .

Google gardenweb+induction.

You will never be too tied to clean up after dinner. We all had gas before and switched!

o

No one that has induction had electric radiant before?

All new or recently affordable technology gets all it's sells from conquest sells.

Induction has its own set of issues.

o

what about this one? i am trying to figure out which range is easier to clean, too :)

http://www.designerappliances.com/miele-km391g.html

Here is a link that might be useful: miele glass gas

o

Hi YuliaO,
Did you finally make a decision on the range/cooktop? I am also planning a remodel and have been looking for reviews of the meile-km391g. Any luck?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here